Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Reports that Pulisic is kicking up a fuss at Chelsea and Tuchel doesn't fully trust him.

The Athletic has also said Newcastle would look into a move for him if he's made available.

I can't think of anyone that would fit that wide forward role on the right better than Pulisic. Great age, Prem experience, pace, good finishing, dribbling ... I would be looking to test Chelsea with a bid for him right away.

I like him but the lad is mad of glass.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Based off being interested in top 6 players, would anyone take Ndombele from Spurs who is seemingly available? I’ve not seen much of him tbh but the bits I have he’s seemed good. Maybe @KaKa and @McCormick know more from

his time in lyon ?

Absolutely not.

The fat bastard. He's the type of player from the top 6 you don't want.

Jonjo Shelvey with more ability. Doesn't have the application and maybe not the athleticism/endurace to become a top player.

Edited by The College Dropout

Two Brazilian students in my class got into an argument about the correct pronunciation of Paqueta when I asked them btw.

Sounded to me like they were both saying more or less the same thing :lol:

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I like him but the lad is mad of glass.

This is such a key point. He has had issues with this at Chelsea. Was it also a problem for him previously?

He's so perfect in every other way that I would still do the deal I think.

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Based off being interested in top 6 players, would anyone take Ndombele from Spurs who is seemingly available? I’ve not seen much of him tbh but the bits I have he’s seemed good. Maybe @KaKa and @McCormick know more from

his time in lyon ?

So talented but really inconsistent and can be so careless with the ball. Wouldn't go for him at all. He'd be very frustrating.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

So talented but really inconsistent and can be so careless with the ball. Wouldn't go for him at all. He'd be very frustrating.

It’s probably unlikely we are even in for him, he is being strongly linked with Villa 

55 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Given that we're likely to be pushing for a top half, maybe European place this year, and definitely looking to build to assault the top 6 in the coming seasons, I cannot imagine for a single minute that any of the top 6 will lend us anyone.

I mean there's nothing wrong with asking because you never know, I just hope we've got a better plan than that behind the scenes.

I always look and think someone like Chelsea wouldn't see us as a direct rival yet, but if they sent us someone like Hudson-Odoi or Gallagher, it might help us take points more from the likes of Arsenal, Spurs, Man Utd, so benefits them that way.

37 minutes ago, Shak said:

Two Brazilian students in my class got into an argument about the correct pronunciation of Paqueta when I asked them btw.

Sounded to me like they were both saying more or less the same thing :lol:

I’ve also yet to hear two Brazilians agree on the pronunciation of Guimarães

33 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

his time in lyon ?

Such a talent but inconsistent and -lazy perhaps isn’t the word- unsuited, let’s say, to teams/systems that require work-rate from your cms/ cams. Really not up to it, physically, to the rigors of the PL imo. 

I think he’s been unfairly labeled as being a bit fainéant; I just think he’s never going to be effective as a blood and guts centre midfielder. I’m sure there’s some team that could get the most out of him but that won’t be us.

10 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Such a talent but inconsistent and -lazy perhaps isn’t the word- unsuited, let’s say, to teams/systems that require work-rate from your cms/ cams. Really not up to it, physically, to the rigors of the PL imo. 

I think he’s been unfairly labeled as being a bit fainéant; I just think he’s never going to be effective as a blood and guts centre midfielder. I’m sure there’s some team that could get the most out of him but that won’t be us.

Agreed I really wouldn't want him, my mate is a Spurs fan and slates him. I don't think he would fit the ethos that Eddie has instilled in the team. On his day amazing, but too inconsistent.

Don't we do all kinds of check on the individual as well as their playing ability?  If so we can rule out any move for Billy big bollocks type players, and rightly so.  One of our strengths is the togetherness in the squad and we don't need a well-poisoner 

Edited by 1964

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’m basically ITK 😂

Interesting. This is the mediafoot article - https://mediafootmarseille.fr/newcastle-et-villarreal-sont-la-pour-ndombele-info-media-foot/

Now we're linked I had to go and look at his fbref numbers to see what it might be the club is seeing in him, and I was shocked at how good they were. Maybe the club sees some untapped potential that Spurs have mismanaged.

image.thumb.png.7e1a76363c48e5e5f0cc26b3004e3eff.png