Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Oh boy ... here we go :lol:

You don't know the half of it mate. I'm pretty sure he was trying to whip up a sackkaka.com campaign on one of those moderator forums back in the day.They printed A4 posters, t-shirts...the lot before running out of money (£24.40).

45 minutes ago, McCormick said:

They want to sell though. Their manager thinks he can get better for 30m (according to that Portuguese journalist).

Apparently their manager just wants a different type of striker. More of a striker that looks to get in behind and finish, as he is going to be using Rafa Silva as the more withdrawn second striker in their two striker lineup.

Reading up on Ramos he appears to be more of a complete forward that looks to drop into space and link play before then looking to get in the box to finish. So not quite what they want upfront partnering Rafa Silva, but is ideally suited as a lone striker in the 4-3-3 system we are currently playing.

Edited by KaKa

6 hours ago, KaKa said:

Interesting. This is the mediafoot article - https://mediafootmarseille.fr/newcastle-et-villarreal-sont-la-pour-ndombele-info-media-foot/

Now we're linked I had to go and look at his fbref numbers to see what it might be the club is seeing in him, and I was shocked at how good they were. Maybe the club sees some untapped potential that Spurs have mismanaged.

image.thumb.png.7e1a76363c48e5e5f0cc26b3004e3eff.png

4 minutes ago, duo said:

Wow ... this is such a great post man :clap:

Really shows why his scouting numbers can look so great, but at the same time why it doesn't really translate on the pitch.

The guy is probably an elite level talent, but that lack of movement and effort to get in space to receive the ball man. Shocking.

If someone somehow manages to get him switched on in that respect he'd be so good, but that is a heck of a task in itself.

I always find it interesting when someone has the inside track on who we aren't so interested in but rarely has the inside track on who we are interested in.

A very specific set of sources. :lol:

10 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Apparently their manager just wants a different type of striker. More of a striker that looks to get in behind and finish, as he is going to be using Rafa Silva as the more withdrawn second striker in their two striker lineup.

Reading up on Ramos he appears to be more of a complete forward that looks to drop into space and link play before then looking to get in the box to finish. So not quite what they want upfront partnering Rafa Silva, but is ideally suited as a lone striker in the 4-3-3 system we are currently playing.

Yup. Just a very decent all-rounder. Everything about him just feels right for Howe and our play-style.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

:laugh:

I appreciate that man. I'll try to stay on track!

I remember you banging on and on about Joelinton when he was absolutely rubbish, saying he needed to play deeper. Honestly I thought you were a fucking idiot.

You were right and I was wrong. Never will I doubt you again. 

3 minutes ago, STM said:

I always find it interesting when someone has the inside track on who we aren't so interested in but rarely has the inside track on who we are interested in.

A very specific set of sources. :lol:

Yeah, that tweet from Graves is a bit strange.

Ramos would definitely improve the squad and is in line with what we were hoping to get from Ekitike, as far as a highly rated young striker with a decent amount of experience and good production at first team level. The fee is also in line with what we had agreed to pay for Ekitike too.

The Portuguese journalist seemed quite certain, so I guess we'll find out soon enough.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, that tweet from Graves is a bit strange.

Ramos would definitely improve the squad and is in line with what we were hoping to get from Ekitike, as far as a highly rated young striker with a decent amount of experience and good production at first team level. The fee is also in line with what we had agreed to pay for Ekitike too.

The Portuguese journalist seemed quite certain, so I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Graves doesnt report until he is 100% sure, he did this with Bruno

Just now, STM said:

I remember you banging on and on about Joelinton when he was absolutely rubbish, saying he needed to play deeper. Honestly I thought you were a fucking idiot.

You were right and I was wrong. Never will I doubt you again. 

To be honest I was just looking at the roles he had played at Hoffenheim, and it was under Nagelsmann, who absolutely loved him.

And then here he was under Bruce playing as a striker that was about 50 yards away from everyone else defending inside our own box, and he was getting killed for not doing anything.

Felt sick for the guy at the time.