Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

20 minutes ago, clintdempsey said:

Gallagher looks like a totalt c*nt. Him and Gordon are two of the players I can’t   stand. For the money we’d get Paqueta right?

Horrible take. Gallagher is a class player and a really good character that grafts his socks off. Palace fans absolutely loved him last season.

22 years old and 8 prem goals last season. Would be a very astute signing both short and long term. Like @Hanshithispantz just said he'd be great in the RCM slot.

He'll add goals from midfield for us and is a great alternative to Maddison. I actually like him better as he has more room to grow and is a better athlete and is a lot more aggressive in his pressing.

Chelsea fans are enamoured by all the flashy names their new owner is going after as their young talents continue to leave the club. Works out perfect for us.

Chelsea will accept that £40 million bid I think, especially as there is some word that Gallagher would want to leave for his England prospects if De Jong or some other midfielder joins Chelsea.

13 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Horrible take. Gallagher is a class player and a really good character that grafts his socks off. Palace fans absolutely loved him last season.

22 years old and 8 prem goals last season. Would be a very astute signing both short and long term. Like @Hanshithispantz just said he'd be great in the RCM slot.

He'll add goals from midfield for us and is a great alternative to Maddison. I actually like him better as he has more room to grow and is a better athlete and is a lot more aggressive in his pressing.

Chelsea fans are enamoured by all the flashy names their new owner is going after as their young talents continue to leave the club. Works out perfect for us.

Chelsea will accept that £40 million bid I think, especially as there is some word that Gallagher would want to leave for his England prospects if De Jong or some other midfielder joins Chelsea.

He won't come up the norf like

Just now, jack j said:

He won't come up the norf like

If you need to tell yourself that to deal with any possible disappointment that's fine.

I notice a lot of people do this because they can't handle any speculation or links to decent players :lol: 

43 minutes ago, clintdempsey said:

Gallagher looks like a totalt c*nt. Him and Gordon are two of the players I can’t   stand. For the money we’d get Paqueta right?

Watched Gordon in a friendly here in the USA last month live. He looked good enough.

Tuchel's quotes in that article ...

The Chelsea head coach said:

"In general, nobody is for sale, and everybody is for sale.

It depends on what the player wants, how bad the player wants it, what we think, who is ready to pay a certain amount of money. Then maybe everybody is for sale.

Conor fights in central midfield. To be very honest, it’s a tough fight for him because at the moment, as it seems, we only have two places in central midfield, which is a bit unfair given the number of players we have for central midfield.

It’s not ideal, I agree. But we have to do what’s best for the squad, not what’s best for every individual player."

Definitely possible to get him if we're interested.

Edited by KaKa

I'd prefer a winger first and foremost, then a striker to compete with/cover Wilson. Don't really understand why, if the Gallagher link is true, we are so eager to get CM in. We're decently stacked there imo compared to the two other positions.

Just now, Conjo said:

I'd prefer a winger first and foremost, then a striker to compete with/cover Wilson. Don't really understand why, if the Gallagher link is true, we are so eager to get CM in. We're decently stacked there imo compared to the two other positions.

I get the impression we're looking for players that have scored goals in the Prem.

Seemingly not satisfied with the winger options or the prices being quoted and so are also looking at adding the goals through the middle.

May well be we still add a versatile winger/striker on loan that is not prem tested, but they seem to want to add one player that knows how to get goals in the league for certain.

51 minutes ago, KaKa said:

FFS man, I never said anything about him being a good or bad player. I know he did great for Palace first half of last season but I don’t find him endearing enough. For me he’s got the wrong kind of vibe going - much like Gordon. 

If we’d sign him however he’d be our c*nt and I’d back him to the hilt. 

Until then, good player with potential but not for me. 

14 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Kidding yourself if you don’t think the cm needs upgrading. Bruno can’t do it alone. We need another one who’s capable of unlocking defenses. 

Yeah, I do think if we added a quality CM, RW and striker/winger type and then got reasonably lucky with injuries we could make some pretty decent waves this year.

29 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Kidding yourself if you don’t think the cm needs upgrading. Bruno can’t do it alone. We need another one who’s capable of unlocking defenses. 

So someone to Brunos right and in time an upgrade on Joe ?

IF we were in for Gallagher and Ramos, we have to be getting 3 in before window end. We can't go with what we have and not get another winger.. can we? :eek:

Not fully convinced by Gallagher but the likes of he, Harrison, CHO, Broja, Gordon and obviously Maddison would all be great additions that both improve us and can hit the ground running. Also all saleable assets. We will have to pay through the arse for that prem experience if that is what we want. 

Twitter is going to do my head in. ITKs.  Sean Casey, in particular. (I really, really, really want him to be something other than a lying fool.)

But the addiction continues. Hoping for 1) Signings 2) Arrest warrants.

Edited by gazza ladra

1 hour ago, gazza ladra said:

Twitter is going to do my head in. ITKs.  Sean Casey, in particular. (I really, really, really want him to be something other than a lying fool.)

But the addiction continues. Hoping for 1) Signings 2) Arrest warrants.

Why? You know they are full of shit so just ignore accordingly. 

We need a CM not because Bruno might be off colour sometimes but the ones playing around him will have their off days more often than not. Willock today was a prime example. He has his good days but when he has his bad ones, and Bruno doesn't have his magic wand, we look ordinary. Longstaff and Big Jow aren't expected to do as much as Bruno or Willock or Shelvey. Crying out for another Bruno type to run the show.

And honestly, ASM is driving me nuts more than Almiron at the minute. Is there any decent LW available or linked to us right now? Not to replace ASM but at least give him some competition. Murphy sucks.

I think Dan Ashtons arrival has well and truly plugged some holes in terms of what was getting said to the local press pack about potential transfers and targets. So if the lads who actually do this job for a living have next to zero info that there’s absolutely fucking no chance that Sean the plumber from Wallsend or Dan the estate agent from Gosforth have the inside scoop. 

I think they’ve learnt a lot from the Ekitike debacle about playing things out in full view.