Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

3 hours ago, elbee909 said:

Is Paqueta any good with pressing? Starting to wonder if he's just not got the industriousness about him.

Only video I've seen the standout was his work rate and willingness to help in midfield. I was drooling at the thought of him, Bruno and Joelinton dominating the midfield.

He looked every bit the footballer people want Bruno to be.

Edited by Happinesstan

Guest reefatoon
3 minutes ago, Joseph said:

Never been a single credible source suggesting we’re interested in Paqueta. People should’ve never got this emotionally invested in him.

Totally. It’s really weird. [emoji38]

1 minute ago, Ben said:

I'm deluded enough to think that we have waited all summer as we are driving his price down, however I also think if we really wanted him he would have signed by now.

We have waited for the Isak fee to come down. We waited for Bruno till the end of the window. Hope.

How much of the love for Paqueta is an extension of love for Bruno?

Bruno is world class, but I think the jury is still out on his best role. It's a shame Shelvey is out, because he's our best other deep-lying midfielder. At the end of last season, the initial clamour was for us to buy a DM to replace Shelvey, not an AM who will force Bruno into playing at 6.

it makes absolute sense why people want this deal so bad. Beyond the fact that he’s a fully established Brazilian international and would be a huge statement signing his best friend is one of, if not our top player and statement signing from January.

The idea of an all Brazilian midfield who are all best buds is just *chef kiss*

12 minutes ago, Joseph said:

“Graeme Bailey [of ‘90min Football’] told the Loaded Mag YouTube channel”…nah.

Chris Waugh in The Athletic?:

“…the Brazilian having featured during conversations with Lyon in January, before Newcastle ended up signing his best friend, Bruno Guimaraes.

Agents continue to discuss Paqueta and Newcastle as a live situation, one that could see the summer end with the 24-year-old reunited with Guimaraes…”

3 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

We want new news! 😉

Me too. But just saying it’s pretty obvious that the club have at least more than a passing interest in Paqueta- there are more than a few snippets out there from various sources. As seen with Isak, the club keep things close, so it doesn’t concern me that our interest isn’t splashed all over via every journalist going, like some people are wanting or expecting- we’ll be working on it or at last seeing if it’s possible, I’m sure. It might happen, it might not, but lots of reports (Athletic, Times etc) have named him as a target.

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Me too. But just saying it’s pretty obvious that the club have at least more than a passing interest in Paqueta- there are more than a few snippets out there from various sources. As seen with Isak, the club keep things close, so it doesn’t concern me that our interest isn’t splashed all over via every journalist going, like some people are wanting or expecting- we’ll be working on it or at last seeing if it’s possible, I’m sure. It might happen, it might not, but lots of reports (Athletic, Times etc) have named him as a target.

Agreed, I got excited when I red the headline! 😁 Mehrdad was in London yesterday, having had a challenging day?  Let’s hope he was ironing out the deal for Paqueta 😎

To be honest, I'm not totally sold on Paqueta. I've only seen him on YT, and he looks good, but there are others who I think would offer just as much. I don't think there's any need to bust the bank to get him.

The issue of his being Bruno's mate and having an all-Brazilian midfield three could cut both ways. Eddie has generated a really good team spirit, and he wouldn't want things to get cliquey. 

I'm really happy with Isak. I'm hoping he can be our Bellamy / Beardsley - a real firecracker performer who can take us to a new level.

1 hour ago, Joseph said:

Never been a single credible source suggesting we’re interested in Paqueta. People should’ve never got this emotionally invested in him.

I don't think we'll sign him and I agree on the later, but Martin Hardy at the start of the window. Then more recently Chris Waugh and a couple of French media sources. If you think Luke Edwards and Graeme Bailey are reliable, they have as well. It's not just come out of no where.

19 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I don't think we'll sign him and I agree on the later, but Martin Hardy at the start of the window. Then more recently Chris Waugh and a couple of French media sources. If you think Luke Edwards and Graeme Bailey are reliable, they have as well. It's not just come out of no where.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/newcastle-ready-to-break-transfer-record-for-50m-midfielder-lucas-paqueta-85djxc9pq

There's the first.