Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

I'm guessing the people that keep going on about us being done and closed for business are saying this as a coping mechanism to manage their anxiety or something?

None of us know for certain so can we just wait on any news and follow things the rest of the day in peace? My God.

None of us know for certain but it’s looking that way it’s an educated guess just like you thinking we are bringing in pedro and another is an uneducated guess :lol: 

won’t be long to find out 

2 minutes ago, Peder75 said:

Targett, Pope, Botman and Isak is a superb window. Have some patience. We can't sign them all this window, it's a long time project.

It's a very good window indeed, however, I think most of us are hoping for a push for European football given that with the best players we are capable of that and because depth is horrible. No one is hoping for a £50m signing, but at least a few players (or even one midfielder/RW) so we don't have to watch Wood or Murphy play vital roles for the team this season. 

Edited by Flip

1 minute ago, gdm said:

None of us know for certain but it’s looking that way it’s an educated guess just like you thinking we are bringing in pedro and another is an uneducated guess :lol: 

won’t be long to find out 

I just don't see the point in continuing to post that.

It's annoying waiting on news and seeing there have been new posts and it's just people continuing to repeat that. Seriously what is the point?

Edited by KaKa

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

£200m net spend or something in 2 windows. :lol:

Anything else is a bonus.

The ideal window was definitely us getting a CM and winger in on top of everything else we've done. That was always the case, for me.

However, we're a far better team than I thought we would be already, so I wouldn't be surprised if Howe was a lot more relaxed about the squad than some of us are.

The fact we're still clearly active in the market is a good thing, as if anything does come up due to other moves or circumstances then we'll be ready for it.

Any business at all is definitely a bonus.

Just now, xLiaaamx said:

If Shelvey wasn't injured we'd be alright in midfield. But since he's missing at least half the season we're really relying on Bruno staying constantly fit. 

Shelvey has been a big miss. Often under appreciated by most, and so I hope they see his value now.

Just now, xLiaaamx said:

If Shelvey wasn't injured we'd be alright in midfield. But since he's missing at least half the season we're really relying on Bruno staying constantly fit. 

Think we'd be relying on Bruno either way. Shelvey has been here long enough for no one to trust him to perform at a high level for a whole season. 

I don’t think we’ll sign anyone and I don’t think that’s an issue. The squad is vastly improved on where we were twelve months ago - look at the spine of our team ffs - and it’s unreasonable to expect the owners to be able to address every weakness in two very different transfer windows.

We’re at the start of a very long ride. I’m just going to try and enjoy supporting us for once. 

1 hour ago, Big River said:

you did say pre-Isak, and that was quite clearly ASM - Wilson - Miggy

If you look at appearances, Fraser and Almiron played 29 times and 30 times respectively last season. From Howe coming in until the Wolves game, Fraser started 14 out of the 19 games. He then went missing again (injured?) allowing Almiron to come back into the team. No doubting neither of them have made the position their own but I feel if Fraser had been consistently fit or not missing for personal reasons he’d have been the starter. 

Both of them are still below the required standard though and will be on horrendous wages making them impossible to shift.

Have witnessed the air go out of the team in 2 games now after 60 min. (City and Liverpool) Good teams, but this can happen against other clubs too and away to Brighton we were lucky.

The squad as it stands today offers no new strings to play from the bench. Based on injury history, we can never count on all players being fit 100% of the time.

The Right Wing has been a hole from day 1 and I will be somewhat disappointed if no attempt is made here to bring someone in.

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I just don't see the point in continuing to post that.

It's annoying waiting on news and seeing there have been new posts and it's just people continuing to repeat that. Seriously what is the point?

It’s people giving their opinion what’s going to happen. It’s happened the whole way thru the window. You yourself yesterday posted saying you think we will sign pedro and I think tielemans? How is that any different to an individual saying we won’t sign anyone [emoji38]

Just now, ponsaelius said:

If Dubs, Longstaff and Fede are all out and we're not registering Krafth and Shelvey then I make that two free spaces?

Maybe we'll register Shelvey in the hope he gets fit again.

Think you’re missing someone, there aren’t any free spaces if Shelvey gets registered.

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

It’s people giving their opinion what’s going to happen. It’s happened the whole way thru the window. You yourself yesterday posted saying you think we will sign pedro and I think tielemans? How is that any different to an individual saying we won’t sign anyone [emoji38]

I said that one time. No one else had said it prior to or has after I did. I don't know what point you're trying to make here :lol:

'We're not signing anyone' um ... okay great contribution. Very interesting. How many people have said that already? :lol:

Quit spamming the thread bed wetters!

Edited by KaKa

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

The ideal window was definitely us getting a CM and winger in on top of everything else we've done. That was always the case, for me.

However, we're a far better team than I thought we would be already, so I wouldn't be surprised if Howe was a lot more relaxed about the squad than some of us are.

The fact we're still clearly active in the market is a good thing, as if anything does come up due to other moves or circumstances then we'll be ready for it.

Any business at all is definitely a bonus.

Aye I think the reason why some people are disappointed is we did not improve the area we expected. However to be honest signing Isak probably matters much more than just upgrade the CM and RW positions. Botman also proven to be a great signing as well.

Overall we have had an excellent window by signing two key players that secures our future 5-6 seasons’ competitiveness. Howe / PIF probably got it right tbh. Just that we aren’t patient enough when watching the likes of Wood Murphy ruining our campaign this season

Just now, ponsaelius said:

If Dubs, Longstaff and Fede are all out and we're not registering Krafth and Shelvey then I make that two free spaces?

Maybe we'll register Shelvey in the hope he gets fit again.

If the expectation is Shelvey only gets back post-WC, he’ll be registered for a max of 3 games - Leicester (A), Leeds (H), Arsenal (A) before the window reopens. Presuming at that point players can start to be cycled back into the 25 man squad as needed until the end of January.

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

We’re still maxed out, though, unless Shelvey isn’t getting registered.

I have 24 but that is with Shelvey not being registered yes. Not actually sure when he's due back if I'm being honest.