Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Naw, he's definitely a workhorse, always puts a shift in, just looks leagues below the standard he's playing at.

Looks like a mega bairn chasing grown up men. I like him but he is truly awful I’m sad to say. 

Surely the only reason we've rejected anything for Wood is due to limited time left to get another striker in as well as if we fail to get another striker we'd be only left with Isak as the only striker at the club that can be relied on to actually get on the pitch more than 25 times a season. Wilson can't. 

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

Surely the only reason we've rejected anything for Wood is due to limited time left to get another striker in as well as if we fail to get another striker we'd be only left with Isak as the only striker at the club that can be relied on to actually get on the pitch more than 25 times a season. Wilson can't. 

I think someone above probably nailed it with the wages thing. He'll be on about £50-60k here, can't see a Championship club wanting to pay more than £15-20k of that.

14 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

You'd think wouldn't you? But it's not true at all 

But what does that mean exactly? Does he run & close down defenders more than your average PL striker? Does he win more duels or headers? Something else?

Just now, Kasper said:

But what does that mean exactly? Does he run & close down defenders more than your average PL striker? Does he win more duels or headers? Something else?

What I said, that players grafting their arses off isn't as commonplace as you'd think.

12 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He doesn’t work hard at all, he stand being marked, deliberately as well I think.

When we don’t have the ball he does a lot of running, when we have the ball he’s very static. Don’t think it’s laziness, just think he’s not the brightest 

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I might be suffering from concussion or something, but I like Chris Wood and can't quite work out why 

Howe clearly appreciates what he brings to the squad. As a 3rd choice striker we could do a lot worse.

2 minutes ago, hakka said:

We need goals though. 

A better striker will help the rest of the team score goals by their hold up play, flick ons, lay offs etc. We already see it with Wilson.

Edited by Shearergol

I’m at least satisfied that the folks at the club have been, and almost certainly are still, trying to get stuff done — even if it doesn’t pan out. Far cry from Charnley not being able to figure out how to replace the thermal fax paper roll.