Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

43 minutes ago, STM said:

In the summer I'd have had Pulisic but I feel we are past players like him now. Let's not take any risks on players who "might" work out, especially since our scouting has been first class.

And on Kovacic, anyone who "wants out" of Chelsea, already has a nice big earner lined up, probably from someone like Barca.

Yeah agreed. Either buy up best of best young global talent, or drop big coin on a talent we are more certain will work out.

Will trust Eddie regardless though.

2 hours ago, St1pe said:

Hear me out. Sell Miggy for a ridiculous fee while his stock is so high, he’s unlikely to keep this up. Replace him with Pulisic and play him in the RW position. Isak, Wilson, Pulisic as a front three. Win the league. 

Get tae fuck 

37 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

I mean you could consider Pulisic one of the up and coming young talents in world football still. He’s only 24. :lol: 

I think the problem is his fee and wages would be that of a premium player and not a 'talent'. He's got to be on a lot more than anyone here surely?

Guess this the problem when you try and buy from sides like Chelsea you might have to offer them half their current wage, buy from a foreign league and you can offer them 2x/3x their wage. 

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

With Chelsea’s wage structure I can’t see us signing any of their castoffs.

Pulisic is on around £145kpw apparently. It’s not unthinkable to match that, but I’d presume he’d be looking at an increase if he left. 

Wouldn't be surprised if we get priced out of the Moussa Diaby transfer and go for someone like Angelo Gabriel instead for 1/3-1/2 of the transfer fee and a hugely reduced (compared to Diary) wage offer.

Edited by Lotus

To me Chelsea is like Juventus or Atleti. A player not really shining there, doesn't mean all that much.

But as such... Pulisic feels like a Juve or Atleti type signing.

As others have said. I was very keen in the summer. Now? I'd take him for free or on loan. Not wages + fee. He's not guaranteed to start at this point.

Edited by The College Dropout

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

To me Chelsea is like Juventus or Atleti. A player not really shining there, doesn't mean all that much.

I personally think Pulisic would be an unreal signing. Has a lot of talent and ability and also has the work rate and stamina to press the way Howe wants the attackers to press. Also has better end product than ASM. 

If we’re going to sign any Yank (and there can only be one), I’d pick Adams. Not that Leeds have any interest in letting him go.

Pulisic would benefit from regular playing time (which he doesn’t get at Chelsea) and from not having to be the sole attacking threat (which he often is for the U.S.)

His playing style still strikes me as better suited for Italy or Spain, but the thought of him being Howe’d is enticing.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

As others have said. I was very keen in the summer. Now? I'd take him for free or on loan. Not wages + fee. He's not guaranteed to start at this point.

Think Simeone should be banned from signing players - look what he’s done to poor Rodrigo de Paul (on top of Koke, Saul, Lemar, J Felix etc)