Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

41 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Has this been verified anywhere?

Not seen it anywhere else. You'd think if something like this had been said the like of Hope, Edwards, Waugh etc would have something out about it. Wouldn't be the first time fan media has just made random shit up that they either hope to be the case, or assume to be the case. 

Edited by sushimonster85

2 hours ago, Big River said:

We'll have to make signings in January, because we're getting into Europe and our squad is nowhere near ready for it.

1 hour ago, arnonel said:

Its mid-season for us, end of season for South America

#JustSayin #PerronePlease

I think these two things could end up going hand in hand, to some extent.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see 2 or 3 brought in from South America with the idea that it's a good time for those clubs to sell and the players will basically have six months to settle in England and integrate into the squad without being expected to play a lot of first team football. If they hit the ground running all the better but with no European football our squad shouldn't be stretched too badly until next season.

Any other signings from Europe will probably be contract dependent, the likes of Ashby or Thuram. Maddison might fall into that category if Leicester feel they're safe and that he definitely isn't gonna sign a new contract. Might be able to get more for him in January than they would in summer.

Feel like the point of getting Ashworth is that we'll be signing the likes of Caicedo from South America for a few million rather than other Premier League clubs a couple of years later for ten times the price.

Maybe they think he's going to be an absolute superstar and it'll be worth it but I'd guess the likes of Perrone or Andrey Santos are more likely.

Fuck I love the idea of having our backups be a bunch of teenagers that we've signed for a few million.

The odd one breaking through into the first team, just having backups you're excited to see rather than just hoping they don't kick their own faces off.

And of course sending them all out together and absolutely rinsing lower league teams in the early rounds of the cup. That's the real dream :lol:

6 minutes ago, Shak said:

Feel like the point of getting Ashworth is that we'll be signing the likes of Caicedo from South America for a few million rather than other Premier League clubs a couple of years later for ten times the price.

Maybe they think he's going to be an absolute superstar and it'll be worth it but I'd guess the likes of Perrone or Andrey Santos are more likely.

Maybe he knows of a release clause :tobey:

3 hours ago, joeyt said:

I'm pretty sure we were linked with Caicedo when he was still in Ecuador and he chose Brighton in front of us

Was definitely rumours that we were interested & that he was expected to become a top player. 

Surely he was worth a punt at £4.5m which is apparently what Brighton signed him for.