Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

48 minutes ago, Shak said:

I didn't think Isak looked massively comfortable leading the line in the Palace or Bournemouth home games. Obviously he was still bedding into the team and both games we had Fraser on the left so hardly ideal in terms of creating chances but I can see an argument for him playing just off a main striker in some games. For a while, at least.

The Liverpool game was the opposite because Liverpool were trying to take the game to us and Isak was able to find space and looked dangerous.

Wouldn't be shocked if we saw him playing out wide with Wilson up top in games we're expecting teams to sit back a bit more, then Wilson going to the bench in away games.

I think if you inserted Isak into the team that was flying just a month ago he'd look incredible. 

1 hour ago, TBG said:

Keep seeing Declan Rice being mentioned.

Not that I think we'll get him, but you'll know for a fact that we genuinely fried. 

If we are going for a CM, isn't it more likely to be this Maximo kid from Argentina or Edson Alverez?

1 hour ago, Shak said:

I didn't think Isak looked massively comfortable leading the line in the Palace or Bournemouth home games.

I actually think he looked alright, it was more there was clearly no/very little cohesion built up with the rest of the side, which was understandable given how new he was. He had some really nice link up touches that others like Fraser & Almiron just weren't on the same page with. 

11 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Rice contract is until 2025. West Ham will keep him until 2024.

No way, if he isn't going to sign a new deal, they're not going to pass up the chance at getting £80m+ for him, which they will only get in the Summer 2023 window. They shouldn't be letting him get anywhere close to the final 12 months.

Shelvey looks way off the pace IMO. I'd really like another technical player in CM, whether that be a DM or AM. Longstaff, Willock and Joelinton are all physical players.

We really need someone who can offer us SOME of what Bruno offers, for when he's not available or even to compliment him.

With Isak as an option, I really don't see wide areas as a priority but if Diaby were to become available for a price we deem fair, we would sign him. We won't flip flap on our opinion of him based on form. Our scouts will be confident in their judgements.

1 hour ago, sushimonster85 said:

No way, if he isn't going to sign a new deal, they're not going to pass up the chance at getting £80m+ for him, which they will only get in the Summer 2023 window. They shouldn't be letting him get anywhere close to the final 12 months.

He didn't cost them anything. Sell him for £80m in 2023 (and I only think mega clubs can afford that, excluding us). Or have him for another year and still get £40-50m. At that price point, I reckon lots of clubs want him and that pushes the fee closer or past £50m anyway. At 40m he goes to any top 6 club imo. That's utility player money for some of them.

Edited by The College Dropout

1 hour ago, George Bailey said:

Everton fan at work saying Calvert-Lewin for £35m or is this Giggs?

Can't see any top half club going anywhere near him with his injury record the last two seasons. He will need a sustained period of being fit and in decent form for that to change. 

13 hours ago, STM said:

Shelvey looks way off the pace IMO. I'd really like another technical player in CM, whether that be a DM or AM. Longstaff, Willock and Joelinton are all physical players.

We really need someone who can offer us SOME of what Bruno offers, for when he's not available or even to compliment him.

With Isak as an option, I really don't see wide areas as a priority but if Diaby were to become available for a price we deem fair, we would sign him. We won't flip flap on our opinion of him based on form. Our scouts will be confident in their judgements.

I think this will be one of the key additions in the summer.