Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

37 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Memphis Depay linked for approx. 10m. Wouldn’t be averse at that price, despite recent injury problems and being horribly out of form this WC. Could potentially play from the left as well.

Think his wages would make that a non-starter. 

The Depay link has always sounded like agent bollocks. Doesn't fit the type of player we'd go after at all. It's clear we're being used as a chess piece to stoke bidding wars; throw our name in and it indicates a need to pay more.  

56 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Memphis Depay linked for approx. 10m. Wouldn’t be averse at that price, despite recent injury problems and being horribly out of form this WC. Could potentially play from the left as well.

That’s crazy he’d be on massive wages even on a free i’d spar well clear of the likes of him. He screams one last payday and the type of signing Man U have come a cropper with in recent years.

Edited by Whitley mag

19 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

That’s crazy he’d be on massive wages even on a free i’d spar well clear of the likes of him. He screams one last payday and the type of signing Man U have come a cropper with in recent years.

One last payday? He’s 28 :lol:

Barca were willing to get him off the books for free in the summer. I doubt much has changed. It's his wages that are the issue, and I reckon you could get 2 or 3 players who's make a massive difference to us for what we'd need to pay him. 

If he's willing to take a pay cut, then let's be honest, he might as well do that where he is and stay put.

3 minutes ago, Dokko said:

If he's willing to take a pay cut, then let's be honest, he might as well do that where he is and stay put.

Also a good point. Especially given he is 28. Harder to sell someone on a 5 year project at that age. He may be 32 by the time we are consistently challenging for the League/CL. If he is happy to take a pay cut he either stays where he is, or goes somewhere he can challenge for top prizes immediately. One of the Milan clubs maybe. 

Guest reefatoon
24 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Useless twat only scored 12 in 28 for Barcelona last season whilst racking up 5 MotM's.

Aye, let's keep playing Murphy, Fraser and Wood, whilst hoping both our perma-crock forwards stay injury free :thup:

If only there were more options than Depay, Murphy, Fraser and Wood in the world eh. Shame.

2 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Useless twat only scored 12 in 28 for Barcelona last season whilst racking up 5 MotM's.

Aye, let's keep playing Murphy, Fraser and Wood, whilst hoping both our perma-crock forwards stay injury free :thup:

People quietly ignoring he's completely changed his game since leaving Man United 

8 hours ago, Unbelievable said:

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

I thought he was good at WC.

I know it doesn’t necessarily say much, but I thought he was superb against the U.S. at least 

Would definitely take Depay. Wouldn't hold Barca wanting to get rid of him against him, they've been desperate to shed anyone with anything approaching high wages for years now. Case in point, Pique having to leave halfway through his last season, and them failing to re-register a certain world champion Argentinian going a couple of years back