Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

23 minutes ago, Mobz said:

Signing Alan Varela is a big mistake, he is an undisciplined player. He was fined for arriving to training, alcoholics and being overweight several times.

In March of last year he was lowered to reserve, for arriving in a state of alcoholism. But there were several situations, in 2021 he was sanctioned for returning from vacations overweight.
In Argentina it has the nickname "Discotheque" because it is always found in nightclubs. He is a great player but very undisciplined.

Capture.PNG

Are we signing Edmundo the second [emoji38]

9 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Seems odd given how much we seem

to value character and professionalism. I love a wild card player though 

If we do want to sign him you can bet we know everything there is to know about him  including his favourite nightclubs. 

1 hour ago, Jack27 said:

For our transfer historians, when was the last time a cash + player bid was successful? 

Seemingly only happens in my FM saves, I can’t think of the last example 

Only one I can think of is perhaps the other way - Gillespie + £6m for Cole.

Hindsight may judge it differently but Cole was a joke his first couple years there, Gillespie was on fire for us for a year and the £6m paid for Les.

16 minutes ago, TaylorJ_01 said:

Assume this is in a thread but couldn't find it. Maybe need a Ronaldo thread...

https://www.marca.com/en/football/2023/01/02/63b2df1b22601dd3108b45c7.html

Imagine telling a Newcastle fan 10 years ago that we were linked with Ronaldo, and that most of the fans wouldn't want to sign him. I can't believe the timeline we're in.

Hope it's not true but Marca have a good track record lately, it seems.

I was worried something like this would happen sooner or later. Saudis have shown with their WWE investment that they want big names, even if they're old or been dead for decades. Can very much see him being forced upon the team next season and completely upsetting the harmony and balance we have. It's sus as fuck that he's gone to some crap Saudi team if he hasn't been made some kind of promise.

Edited by Skeletor

19 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

I was worried something like this would happen sooner or later. Saudis have shown with their WWE investment that they want big names, even if they're old or been dead for decades. Can very much see him being forced upon the team next season and completely upsetting the harmony and balance we have. It's sus as fuck that he's gone to some crap Saudi team if he hasn't been made some kind of promise.

I wouldn’t panic, it’s most likely bullshit

29 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Which is why we have so many past it big name players brought in since the takeover.

I'll panic when it's time to panic... For now it's just tittle tattle. Ironically, this is one thing corrupt, overly-attentive regulators might be protecting us from.