Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

14 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Désiré Doué Linked in the French media. 17 year old attacker, seemingly highly rated.

Just clocked that his name translated is “Desired Gifted.” Parents showed some restraint not calling him Bien Dotè et Riche.

If we do make a big name signing out of the blue I'd expect it'll be someone that we've been linked with in the past. Isak and Botman had both been linked before so we do seem to have long term targets in mind and then make our move when the opportunity arises.

Diaby or Maddison would certainly fit that description and either would be a massive addition.

I suspect the discussion right now is around potentially moving forward some of the money earmarked for summer recruitment and trying to get them in now and spending more modestly in summer if necessary.

Yesterday must have been a pretty stark illustration of how bad our squad is beyond the first dozen or so players.

I obviously hope we do move that money forward and sign a couple of quality players but I suspect they'll only do so if it's one of their primary targets and if the price is one they feel comfortable with.

11 minutes ago, Shak said:

If we do make a big name signing out of the blue I'd expect it'll be someone that we've been linked with in the past. Isak and Botman had both been linked before so we do seem to have long term targets in mind and then make our move when the opportunity arises.

Diaby or Maddison would certainly fit that description and either would be a massive addition.

I suspect the discussion right now is around potentially moving forward some of the money earmarked for summer recruitment and trying to get them in now and spending more modestly in summer if necessary.

Yesterday must have been a pretty stark illustration of how bad our squad is beyond the first dozen or so players.

I obviously hope we do move that money forward and sign a couple of quality players but I suspect they'll only do so if it's one of their primary targets and if the price is one they feel comfortable with.

Maybe not even that! The links with Isak felt tenuous at best to me and then suddenly we were signing him. 

Yeah, Bruno was last minute. First we heard was that a deal was basically agreed and he signed a few days later. 

I only remember some Isak links the minute we got a load of money. Then nothing until their local media broke it. The original stories only felt like there were slightly more substance to them than the Neymar rumours :lol: 

On the whole, I think they have been a lot more guarded and learnt their lesson after the Emery news breaking. 

I suppose with the likes of Botman, it was always going to be hard to keep under wraps. As we got so close to getting him last January. Carlos was the same. I don’t think it is our side leaking that information, mind. 

4 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Yeah, Bruno was last minute. First we heard was that a deal was basically agreed and he signed a few days later. 

I only remember some Isak links the minute we got a load of money. Then nothing until their local media broke it. The original stories only felt like there were slightly more substance to them than the Neymar rumours :lol: 

On the whole, I think they have been a lot more guarded and learnt their lesson after the Emery news breaking. 

I suppose with the likes of Botman, it was always going to be hard to keep under wraps. As we got so close to getting him last January. Carlos was the same. I don’t think it is our side leaking that information, mind. 

Bruno was a bit out of the blue. Isak was linked in July until Edwards shat on it saying the the club should rethink their targets due to the prices being quoted. We then signed him after Man City (h) when Wilson went off, Al-Rumayyan was at the game and we signed Isak 2 days later.

Given the performance of the wider squad last night, I don't think it would be the worst idea to invest in say 4-5 young prospects from South America etc and look to develop them with game time in the cups.

I think I'd prefer to buy 5 youngsters with huge potential than one Tielemens (over ready PL player) tbh in terms of what it would bring to the overall squad strength.

They can’t move until they are 18. And if they are at that age and very promising then they will cost 10-20m + (could differ depending on countries though, and clauses)

Edited by Ikon

Just now, Ikon said:

That can’t move until they are 18z. And if they are at that age and very promising then they will cost 15-20m +

Santos just joined Chelsea for £11m/£12m rising to £18m depending on various clauses.

Fresneda is being talked about at £12m too.

1 minute ago, Minhosa said:

Santos just joined Chelsea for £11m/£12m rising to £18m depending on various clauses.

Fresneda is being talked about at £12m too.

Andrey Santos is 18+ and Fresneda is Spanish and will cost about 30m counting add ons. Most likely 10-20 up front.

Edited by Ikon

Would come back to this thread around the 20th, if you are wanting transfers. Wouldn't expecting anything before then. Perhaps even the 25th.

We will be making 2 transfers max IMO and those will be based on who we can shift and who gets injured.

Fraser going out of the door will open space for someone coming in, so look out for movement there.

48 minutes ago, STM said:

Would come back to this thread around the 20th, if you are wanting transfers. Wouldn't expecting anything before then. Perhaps even the 25th.

We will be making 2 transfers max IMO and those will be based on who we can shift and who gets injured.

Fraser going out of the door will open space for someone coming in, so look out for movement there.

I think Fraser will be a loan u less we terminate his contract. He's on decent money

4 hours ago, Ikon said:

Really hope we get a top quality wide player and a CM. Add a young RB like Fresneda. Trippier can play LB too if needed even though I prefer not to mess too much with that part I’m the team.

Surely we get a quality wide forward of some sort. Otherwise it’s a third window failing to get one in. 

Surely the plan is to have Almiron, Maxi and Isak battling it out on the wings?