Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

I’ve mentioned this before but I really can’t see Gallagher giving up a current starting place in the Chelsea team or even spot in the squad. He’s an absolutely massive Chelsea fan along with his dad. I know he had a loan spell at WBA but everything Ive heard about him via Chelsea fans screams he wouldn’t even move north of the M25 if he could avoid it and is extremely rooted in the south.

As a player I’ve not been that impressed by him watching him against us and bits on TV last season and this. So admittedly limited amount.

Heres his backstory for anyone interested. Very in-depth.

https://lifebogger.com/conor-gallagher-childhood-biography-story-facts/

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Probably worth remembering Edwards had us on the brink of singing Nketiah and Elneny last January.

Many journalists know fuck all, but it’s the tone with him. ”Everything reported has been rubbish, this is how it is”. It’s obviously deliberate, it’s all he’s got. Yeah I know, I shouldn’t let him provoke me

Signing that Chelsea trio would be similar to some of Howe’s signings from Liverpool when at Bournemouth. Only Gallagher I would be ok with, do not want the other two.

Edited by Ronson333

13 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Think Howe can get the Loftus back on track. Got everything but its just not working for him at Chelsea (like many others). Gallagher the Palace version will be a good signing. Not sure why Chelsea would let them go here

Isn't he Carl Cort's brother? Would explain his injury problems.

9 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I’ve mentioned this before but I really can’t see Gallagher giving up a current starting place in the Chelsea team or even spot in the squad. He’s an absolutely massive Chelsea fan along with his dad. I know he had a loan spell at WBA but everything Ive heard about him via Chelsea fans screams he wouldn’t even move north of the M25 if he could avoid it and is extremely rooted in the south.

As a player I’ve not been that impressed by him watching him against us and bits on TV last season and this. So admittedly limited amount.

Heres his backstory for anyone interested. Very in-depth.

https://lifebogger.com/conor-gallagher-childhood-biography-story-facts/

Sounds a bit similar to Joe Willock before he moved up tbf.

I think, ultimately, it's about his career and whether he can buy into the project and then weigh that up against what he's seeing at Chelsea.

The way that ownership is acting, he'll be lucky to make their bench next season. The writing is on the wall imho.

He's got to move but, as you say, I'm sure if he wanted to stay in London he'd get a move back to somewhere like Palace tomorrow.

Incidentally, Palace and us showed an interest in signing RLC permanently during the Ashley era. Surprise, surprise we couldn't/wouldn't pay his wages...

Edited by Minhosa

Gallagher, I think would be a good fit and Howe would turn him into a consistent top player. He's got similar attributes to Longstaff but also some end product. He's also an England International and its important we try and have a few embedded in our squad, where possible. If we could get a loan with an option, I think that would be perfect.

RLC I'm not so sure about. He often seems injured. He's a good player but whether he's got it in himself to make that leap further? He's versatile, which is something Eddie would want.

Ziyech, on loan would be an incredible addition. He's a door opener. Long term, no thanks.

22 minutes ago, Collage said:

So, the other day Puke, in his usual big-headed fashion said we might not do anything this window and now  he’s reporting we’re after 4 players?

He said he thought we'd sign someone but nothing was imminent. Absolutely no inconsistency at all between the statements. 

That Edwards article states that they need to cut players ahead of their CL last 16 tie since the arrival of Felix, Mudryk and Ballishide. Are the first two not cup tied? Or is that not a thing in the CL anymore?

Edited by GeordieDazzler