Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

So refreshing hearing him say he won't necessarily replace Wood with another striker of the same ilk. Simply because he explains why it was needed last year, but not this year.

Hearing a manager speak honestly and without spin, explaining why we'll be fine a player light, or making political points at the board... so refreshing.

27 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

I've seen some stupid rumours but this has to be the worst I've seen this month.

Screenshot_20230120_101745_Twitter.thumb.jpg.63ff178d34afe7400f19995a3813a5ba.jpg

Shelvey loves Turkey, was on my flight back from Antalya this summer. Might have signed a pre-contract with them.

19 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Shelvey loves Turkey, was on my flight back from Antalya this summer. Might have signed a pre-contract with them.

he spends his summers in turkey.

he's also a very besiktas type signing.

can see this one happening.

5 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Gutted that Maddison is injured. I'd be absolutely convinced he's coming here otherwise.

Some unattributed blurb on Sky saying he’s still one of our targets but he’s not keen on a move to us. Don’t think his injury, Rogers said he’s involved in training again, would necessarily be an obstacle. 

I wonder if we might plug a couple of gaps with loans and keep our powder dry until the summer?

We could be operating in a completely different league and attracting a different calibre of player if we manage CL qualification. Could be the savvy thing to do if there’s no deals for our first choices to be done.

4 minutes ago, christ said:

I wonder if we might plug a couple of gaps with loans and keep our powder dry until the summer?

We could be operating in a completely different league and attracting a different calibre of player if we manage CL qualification. Could be the savvy thing to do if there’s no deals for our first choices to be done.

Think the difficultly is the number of players we need to upgrade to play in the CL. Might have to get a couple of them now just to make it possible. 

There was a huge hint from Eddie about it being someone "not necessarily with PL experiance".

It's quite a bold thing for him to affectively lay down the gauntlet to our recruitment team too. I got the impression he wasn't happy about losing Wood.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying there's some sort of rift, more that our manager had his hands tied when I came to letting Wood go.

Guest reefatoon

Gutted Eddie wants to sign players that can play straight away and not mediocre duffers only capable of being on the bench and fluffing out the squad. 

2 minutes ago, STM said:

There was a huge hint from Eddie about it being someone "not necessarily with PL experiance".

It's quite a bold thing for him to affectively lay down the gauntlet to our recruitment team too. I got the impression he wasn't happy about losing Wood.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying there's some sort of rift, more that our manager had his hands tied when I came to letting Wood go.

I definitely got the feeling it wasn’t Howe’s decision to let him go either.

1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

Gutted Eddie wants to sign players that can play straight away and not mediocre duffers only capable of being on the bench and fluffing out the squad. 

It's fucking mint isn't it. Ruthless. 

Can't wait to see what we do.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

I definitely got the feeling it wasn’t Howe’s decision to let him go either.

There are times when the bank balance is important. As much as I love Eddie, you can't turn down 15m for Wood.