Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

53 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Howe clearly sees Gordon as a hard working, young, inverted winger to play on the left.

Clearly? Isn’t it all just rumour and paper talk at the moment ?

Not sure his looks have anything to do with anything. Don't think Peter Beardsley was going to win many beauty pageants but he was some player.

By all means discuss his progress and potential but let's just relax safe in the knowledge that our present management team know their bacon; but in a different way to the last lot.

It's not that Gordon is shite in some absolute way, it's that he's poor relative to the quality of player we should be aiming to attract.

I'm sure Gordon could go on to develop and become a mid table PL player potentially, seen nothing to suggest he is capable of anything more. 

13 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Wouldn’t be the first time…

Hide contents

F0ABF330-C7C7-4B6F-9040-C86A6BACC09C.jpeg.1bf79b872bd673545ef0bf92bc7a1027.jpeg

The beauty in his play made up for that thought. Disappointed by this signing but if Eddie wants him I’ll trust he’s seen something in him that I haven’t.

5 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Well apparently we bid for him in the summer according to local journalists, so I’d say it’s reasonable to assume Howe rates him highly.

I find that highly dubious as well. Was breaking news on sky for about an hour and half then fizzled out iirc

Edited by gdm

31 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

It's not that Gordon is shite in some absolute way, it's that he's poor relative to the quality of player we should be aiming to attract.

I'm sure Gordon could go on to develop and become a mid table PL player potentially, seen nothing to suggest he is capable of anything more. 

A lot of people people probably said the same of Dan Burn last season.. now look at him. I've not really seen enough of Gordon to comment, but I trust Howe and Ashworth's vision. Maybe this could go like when we all thought we were signing Joao Pedro and then Isak came along.

I've Not seen enough of Gordon to judge, what I have seen on him were some flashes of quality here and there. Is there any evidence that hes such a disgusting human being though, like is he out robbing grannies at weekends or something?

2 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Aye. He was top of my world cup wish list! Thought he was superb. 

Yeah, really think we could do with another left footer capable of cutting in from the right wing too, and he fills that need as well as being able to play upfront.

Crazy thing is he came close to joining Everton in the summer and really wants to come to the Premier League, so he'd be very open to the move. Wonder how much Ajax would be after.

3 minutes ago, Numbers said:

I've Not seen enough of Gordon to judge, what I have seen on him were some flashes of quality here and there. Is there any evidence that hes such a disgusting human being though, like is he out robbing grannies at weekends or something?

Few dirty loose tackles, plus a face you wouldn’t feel bad slapping. Other than than I’m at loss.

Do I want to see him play in black and white, pass. Like you not seem enough to judge.
Speaking with family member who supports Everton he says that Gordon could go on to be a great player with the right arm around him and guidance in life. 

9 minutes ago, Numbers said:

There are plenty of photos of him walking about wearing Granny’s blouses and trousers! Some of the pics are earlier in this thread

9 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, really think we could do with another left footer capable of cutting in from the right wing too, and he fills that need as well as being able to play upfront.

Crazy thing is he came close to joining Everton in the summer and really wants to come to the Premier League, so he'd be very open to the move. Wonder how much Ajax would be after.

Looks to have a right engine on him and all. I forget which game it was. But it was like basketball and proper end to end late on. He eventually ran himself into the ground. But he was still popping up everywhere and getting involved with chances. 

3 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Looks to have a right engine on him and all. I forget which game it was. But it was like basketball and proper end to end late on. He eventually ran himself into the ground. But he was still popping up everywhere and getting involved with chances. 

Yeah, he's even played some games in central midfield as a number 8 at times too. Very versatile high energy type of player, which would suit us very well.