Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

I think we’ll sign a versatile forward and maybe a younger prospect.

But I also won’t be surprised if we don’t get anything done until summer, if we were to make a major signing this window I think it would have been done by now. The longer it goes on the less confident I’m feeling and it’s not necessarily a negative if we don’t make a move this window, I understand why people clamour for new players but under current circumstances the squad is healthy besides some looking a bit drained over the last couple of fixtures. Summer will be big though.

Edited by Nine

8 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The main reason I want signings is because it'll be so difficult to make the volume of changes we'll need for Europe in one summer window. 

Rather do a couple now and have them bedded in. 

Hard to get in January etc etc. 

Yeah, being this ahead of schedule is without doubt potentially a double edged sword in terms of building the squad to the point it’s capable of a European run AND sustaining good PL form. 

I just don’t feel it’s this managements style to get drastic and change the initial layout for transfer windows on current position though. Perhaps we might move for one more than planned in summer or something but Howe has been meticulously building this squad ability and personality wise.. just can’t see the plans being changed far enough to have to bed in 2/3 potential starters this window. Imo that’s a big risk and could harm as much as help in the short term, this squad are where they are on merit and I’d like to let them carry on. Summer is different, much more time on our hands to ease new players in and shift players out.

Edited by Nine

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

I don't even know what you're going on about at this point :lol:

My original post was about people complaining about McTominay and Gordon being shit and not good enough and Howe should be aiming higher. But, if those are the players he sees something in for the team he's building, then that's up to him. What they've done at Man United and Everton isn't really that relevant and they'll have to be judged on what they do for Newcastle and Howe.

No idea why your claiming I said that you referred to our players as shit! Where on Earth have you pulled that from?! You've completely lost me man.

I can understand that POV. I haven't seen much of Gordon, McTominay is a bit underwhelming, but Howe is usually a good judge of a player. Realistically both players would improve on what we've got, and I imagine even if Gordon's not got the skillset of ASM, he's probably going to fit the team ethos better. Both players would.

They will improve us, just not sure they are CL quality, certainly McTominay isn't.

Haven't read the thread much lately, so presume this has already been covered;

https://www.sussexlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brighton-solly-march-future-newcastle-8042123

Was in their press a few days ago, 18 months left and fits the 'Gordon-esque' criteria in terms of workrate off the ball I guess?

I've seen him live quite a few times and he'd be nowhere near my list of targets even allowing for the fact he's having the season of his life under De Zerbi.

1 minute ago, OverThere said:

Is this 60M release clause real? Talk of Chelsea making a move but how on earth can they do that given what they already spent!

No apparently that was just paper talk. Dortmund value him at €150m.

The only thing to comfort ourselves with in regards to McTominay is why sell to one of your main competitors to the CL places. They were cocks last year, I think they'll be even worse now. Only way they'd sell if we offered stupid money, which I seriously doubt we will.

2 hours ago, KaKa said:

Much like the opinion so many had on Joelinton. Sometimes that opinion isn't right.

If the opinion was that he is not a number 9, that opinion was correct. I hope we sign someone who can play lw so we can keep him in the midfield.  

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Apparently Craig Hope has said that Everton are open to selling Gordon at a much lower price than the summer. He said that we're also in talks for Ashby (who we had a bid rejected for at the start of the month) and Franca. 

So he’s regurgitating the other rags rumours then? Guessing. He knows fuck all [emoji38]

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Chelsea back in for a host of midfielders (including Enzo), maybe Gallagher available late on in the window ?

I'd be all for leaving Chelsea with everyone they've got if they bring more in. They'll have to get rid of a few and they could be fucked if they don't.