Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

59 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

We are struggling to score goals not ship them in. Priorities are attack.

Very true. I would like both something on the wing and a DM or CM that could either make Bruno G play in his 8 role that he wants so much or at least something that could be more effective in the final third than Longstaff.

Regardless of Gordon we are still short up top and DM from summers list.

I think we can survive at RB until the summer with manquillo and krafth soon returning. 

We definitely need 2 in though if we are serious about maintaining top 4 or even Europe. If Gordon is one then we still need another striker or DM. 

If Isak or Wilson get injured we can push Big Joe up but that leaves a midfield hole. Likewise he has played ASM up top or we could do something with a false 9. Shelvey is close to returning which gives us extra backup in midfield. Ideally we would just get a wide forward that can play in the centre and a DM. Gordon isn't either.

Looking at our wasted chances in the last few games, they have mostly been from our CMs: Willock, Longstaff, and Joe. And they have been really easy chances that we should have buried. Our system creates a lot of chances for our CMs, and them wasting it can really cost us. Even when we start playing Isak as a lone striker instead of Wilson, it would be more crucial for our CMs to be more clinical, as Isak drops deep and creates chances for others. 

I do think our top target this window should be a central midfielder who can score. 

Edited by Solitude20

Just now, Solitude20 said:

Looking at our wasted chances in the last few games, they have mostly been from our CMs: Willock, Longstaff, and Joe. Our system creates a lot of chances for our CMs, and them wasting it can really cost us. Even when we start playing Isak as a lone striker instead of Wilson, it would be more crucial for our CMs to be more clinical, as Isak drops deep and creates chances for others. 

I do think our top target this window should be a central midfielder who can score. 

Agreed. Maddison could get ~15 goals a season in this side

3 minutes ago, robbo_11 said:

Another midfielder is definitely needed based on performance tonight.

Thought ASM and Isak interchanging worked well. With a bit of luck we could get away with gambling on Isak and Wilsons fitness. Joe can cover too. Another real quality central midfield addition would be a game changer for us I think, more than a 3rd choice striker. Hopefully we can bring in a young striker as well just in case. 

Think we are in real need of a CM and a Winger this January. Anything else is a bonus right now.

Big Joe and Bruno should be in the middle with the CM. Joelinton much better as a CM and not a winger. Longstaff and Willock as subs or rotation players.

Isak to start with Wilson on the bench.

Almiron/ASM/Winger to rotate.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Apparently Weston McKennie is available on an initial loan and then a £22 million fee if made permanent, and we're in the mix. 

Never mind ... Team USA Leeds seem to be closing in on him. Think he would have been a great pickup. Oh well.