Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, STM said:

Fair points.

Even though Berge is potentially heading else where. I'd wonder if we would try and hijack any deal. Another player I'd look at, but I'm not sure how feasible it is, is Billing of Bournemouth but they would want a hefty fee.

Oh no, not this again.

Just now, BonesJones said:

Oh no, not this again.

Not a fan?

I'm talking low fee squad options here. Not long term mega targets like Maddison, who would wait until the summer.

Just now, STM said:

Not a fan?

I'm talking low fee squad options here. Not long term mega targets like Maddison, who would wait until the summer.

Haven't watched him enough to have any decent opinion in all honesty.

I was just refering to a conversation on here recently.

Haven't seen much of Gallagher but is he the type of player we need?

Think what we need is someone with a bit of quality in the final third, a player who can pick a pass or unlock a defense. The few times I've seen Gallagher he looks like he'd fit into our high press style really well but would be really help with that?

1 minute ago, Shak said:

Haven't seen much of Gallagher but is he the type of player we need?

Think what we need is someone with a bit of quality in the final third, a player who can pick a pass or unlock a defense. The few times I've seen Gallagher he looks like he'd fit into our high press style really well but would be really help with that?

I think common consensus is that we need a playmaker like Maddison and a DM, of some description.

The issue, as I see it, is that we won't go for any long term top targets on these positions until the summer because its an easier window to do deals in.

Therefore, we are likely to look for a player who can add squad depth, but not without quality. Gallagher would be a bit like Longstaff but with more end product. A one for the future but not a ready-to-go star like Maddison or Neves.

12 minutes ago, STM said:

Fair points.

Even though Berge is potentially heading else where. I'd wonder if we would try and hijack any deal. Another player I'd look at, but I'm not sure how feasible it is, is Billing of Bournemouth but they would want a hefty fee.

Edit: Billing has 18 months left on his contract, so would still command a big fee.

Billing in talks with Valencia supposedly 

Thankfully the flex we have with Bruno I absolutely feel he can play further forward with someone more traditional cdm. The worry is if bruno picks up a knock. At least Shelvey has capacity to pick a killer pass every so often. A replacement has to be of similar ilk imo. Creative. 

Perhaps we are missing something really obvious. Do we just go back in for Franca and make the deal work?

Edit: We could take him on loan and that would get rid of the formalities until the summer.

Edited by STM

Just now, nemtizz said:

Doesn't benefit them at all unless there's an option to buy.

Reckon that's nailed on. What fees have been going about for him.

I'd put down whatever we get for Jonjo as a loan fee.