Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

5 minutes ago, ToonScotman said:

Get Ashby signed and a midfielder tomorrow that being Franca or someone else it’ll be a very very positive window. Losing shelvey you’d like to replace his place in the squad ideally.

Ashby is done don't worry.

Midfielder will likely be done tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, ToonScotman said:

Get Ashby signed and a midfielder tomorrow that being Franca or someone else it’ll be a very very positive window. Losing shelvey you’d like to replace his place in the squad ideally.

Jonjo would injure himself walking into the treatment room, don't even worry about "replacing" him, he's finished.

38 minutes ago, Izakaya said:

Can he play tomorrow?

Will be too soon but Ashby is eligible but Gordon and what would seem every other player we are linked with are cup tied for the final if we make it. Franca would be eligible for the final but that looks very unlikely at this stage.

5 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Will be too soon but Ashby is eligible but Gordon and what would seem every other player we are linked with are cup tied for the final if we make it. Franca would be eligible for the final but that looks very unlikely at this stage.

WH didn’t even play the kid in the Carabao Cup. No wonder he wants out. Thanks Moyesy.

5 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Please give me a reason to follow Deadline Day before our match.

Maddison took down his Leicester shirt pic from Instagram page and replaced it with an England one. 

On the move or a wind up ??

Just now, SR16 said:

Maddison took down his Leicester shirt pic from Instagram page and replaced it with an England one. 

On the move or a wind up ??

Oohh.. didn't know that. But it'll be a MAJOR surprise if we sign him. So not expecting that one, but would welcome any other.

6 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He’s more Italian really, but grew up in Brazil until 15. 

Close enough :lol:

Nah, he’s 100% Brazilian. His great grand father is Italian or something like that. Just like 30% of the Brazilian population :lol: however, just like Deco, Pepe, Diego Costa, Thiago Alcantara (the one with the best case to play for another country despite his father being a world cup winner for Brazil) and tons of others he chose to play for a different national side. 

It would still be a massive surprise if anyone else comes in - certainly for big money.  They won’t want this year to be a running a loss due to the three-year-spread which FFP is based upon.   We’re already likely to be creaking at the edges.  Wait til the summer, with the vastly increased revenues and sponsorship deals, and go from there.  This has been a good window to me if business is done 

Edited by TheBrownBottle

13 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I doubt we'll get anyone in now other than Ashby but another good window for me. One first-team ready signing and someone we see as having potential in, and two players who would likely contribute nowt, out.

They will genuinely be trying hard for a midfielder today (within a certain criteria  & not a desperate punt). Unlike the “we tried” efforts of the previous shit show! 

31 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I doubt we'll get anyone in now other than Ashby but another good window for me. One first-team ready signing and someone we see as having potential in, and two players who would likely contribute nowt, out.

This , it's the way to build , it's been more than I expected tbh. Structured, thought out, measured.

We are a proper club now 

16 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Damn we’re light in CM.. 

they haven’t shut the tills just yet! [emoji38] Not false hope either. I’m ok if they don’t add anymore to Gordon and Ashby, but I think in the light of Shelvey away they’ll still be trying for a midfielder. If it ticks the boxes they’ll do business. 

The likelihood is that they know exactly who they want (1 or two top targets) as the new number 6 but probably can’t get them until summer as 6s are hot property currently and clubs unwilling to sell in January. I still think Gallagher would do very well here and would be a great addition to the midfield just not the 6 we need. If Martinez signs you wonder how much opportunity he’ll get moving forwards even though they’re slightly different players. I guess it’s whether Gallagher wants to join if he’s told by Chelsea he can leave and whether he’s one of Howes top targets. I guess we also may see a loan to buy option from the continent but it’s cutting things close now.

The spoilt brat nufc fans on Twitter is ridiculous at the moment “I want Maddison blah blah”, I want this that “the windows been a disgrace”. Christ some have short memories where we’ve come from.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

Just now, Jack27 said:

Does anybody know if The Athletic are doing another deadline day live stream?

I want an Dan Ashworth deadline day live stream. Have him all micced up with a go pro strapped to his chest and I'd pay to watch it.