Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, GeordieDazzler said:

This may be the one season you can get away with being a bit short with no other commitments but the league (and hopefully the CC final). 

This is a good point. The schedule of all the other teams around us is mental when compared to ours. Think Man U play twice the number of games we do between now and a potential League Cup final.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Our outgoing business has been superb. Our incomings have been good too, we just look a bit short in midfield.

Wouldn't say good, a fullback that has played 1 PL game in his career as well as Gordon who hasn't played well in a long time (who Everton fans don't want and United fans didn't want).

Just hope we don't get any injuries and our players can keep their form going.

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Our outgoing business has been superb. Our incomings have been good too, we just look a bit short in midfield.

Would agree on outgoings, both too good to turn down, incomings I would say jury still out, very much unproven at this stage and Gordon very much overpriced.

1 minute ago, Aiston said:

Wouldn't say good, a fullback that has played 1 PL game in his career as well as Gordon who hasn't played well in a long time (who Everton fans don't want and United fans didn't want).

?

They're seemingly long term targets and players Eddie wanted.

Got to trust they're happy with the business so far. As a fan, I still feel we are a little bit light but I've no reason not to trust the process so far.

Alternative framing is much needed cover for Trippier and a versatile forward who can come in and play across the front line. We're a CM away from having a very good window.

I mean we can play: 

Wilson

Joelinton            Almiron

Willock 
              Bruno        Longstaff 

Isak 

ASM                Gordon 
                     Willock

Bruno             Joelinton

So I think the deck can be shuffled. Could do with Bruno not getting injured but even then there are ways we can play. 

I think Gordon is a great addition, Ashby fits the profile of player we need at RB, have never seen him so can’t comment on his game at all. Mainly delighted that we’ve finally managed to shift some of our players who are not going to contribute much more to the club. Hope someone can find a home for Fraser before the end of today 

36 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Add Chelsea to the 'Clubs we'll shaft at the first oppotunity' list with Man U.

It’s gonna be a lot tougher with Chelsea I think. They’ve bought some quality among the 80 new players they’ve bought and I think they’ll be a real force next season.

Hopefully it’ll all

come financially crashing down around them before they win anything mind. 

10 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

3/10 incoming

7/10 outgoing

5/10 overall

I'd go with this. We didn't do enough to expect our form to stay at the high standard we've seen do far. It will mean no CL, however that was always a big ask and European football of any kind would be great, but would also expose our paper thin squad. 

Was hoping we’d take this CL push more seriously. We needed a cm (arguably 2) before we let Shelvey go. Going into the 2nd half of the season relying on Longstaff as a first teamer and crossing our fingers that no one gets injured isn’t ideal.

Happy enough with the Gordon and Ashby deals but we really need a cm addition for this to be considered a successful window tbh.

I think we've done very good business this window. Not sure what people expected.

We've gotten rid of fringe players on bloated wages and brought in a couple of talented homegrown youngsters to freshen things up.

I'm sure we have several plans in place for the summer, depending on if we're in europe or not for next season.

I might be wrong here, but it feels like most disappointment is coming from a place of cementing Champions League football.

Barring another massive spend, we are always going into the second half of the season with a much smaller squad than those competing for fourth. If we maintain our performance levels, I see no reason why we can't remain in the top four but there's still a very long way to go. While I think this transfer window could play a part in whether we pull it out the bag, there are so many other factors that could make or break it at this point. For example, signing Maddison would be very exciting, but a couple of injuries to Trippier and Bruno still significantly decreases the quality in the first eleven regardless.

I'm happy with the business we've done and share concerns about options in the middle, but I can't say I'm particularly disappointed. In a few years we're going to be massive regardless.