Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Bed wetters! We’ve gotten this far this season on what little we have, we’ll be fine. A cup final and top 6, each and every one of you would have snapped my hand off if I’d offered that as a possibility. And we’re still in with a great chance of top 4 if we can keep things ticking over.

The big money will roll in this summer. Have faith.

I do think the wheels are coming off ever so slightly with this thin squad and it's going to get more and more noticeable. 

Despite the injuries to forward players I think we have still been lucky with injuries so far this season, especially the midfield and defence when you compare to some other teams. 

Last night was also our first red card of the season. These things happen over the course of a long season and that's why you need depth to compete at the top.

Fingers crossed we can adapt and find ways to win without Bruno etc but for the first time I can see signs of us having a wobble. 

Still, were in a final ☺️

8 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

I thought he was making a comeback in the football league after some pretty shitty mental health issues?

4 hours ago, alexf said:

I do think the wheels are coming off ever so slightly with this thin squad and it's going to get more and more noticeable. 

Despite the injuries to forward players I think we have still been lucky with injuries so far this season, especially the midfield and defence when you compare to some other teams. 

Last night was also our first red card of the season. These things happen over the course of a long season and that's why you need depth to compete at the top.

Fingers crossed we can adapt and find ways to win without Bruno etc but for the first time I can see signs of us having a wobble. 

Still, were in a final ☺️

It might but you may be holding us against top clubs with a much higher fixture schedule than us.  For example Man Utd have 7 games between now and the final, we have 3

Just now, Eveready said:

We'd have to finish top 4 for even the remotest chance of that happening.

We would never be able to match the wages that the top clubs are offering him. He may see it as an opportunity to play every week and grow with the club. He does seem to look at his career differently to other players. 

If we get into the Champions League there's absolutely no reason why we shouldn't be in the hunt for Bellingham.

I'd make him our number 1 target.

Edited by Sima

17 hours ago, The Butcher said:

Beggars belief that we're sitting third but we'll finish the season with four fucking midfielders competing for three spots. 

Really, really poor imo. 

I think the only poor thing is your attitude , need to seriously get a life if you turn this amount of positivity with the toon into some kind of weird ‘I want more’ thing

just enjoy it you miserable prick

8 minutes ago, Flip said:

If we finish top 4 and are willing to splurge on wages there’s no reason as to why players wouldn’t want to come here. 

Exactly why it won’t happen, we won’t be pushing our wage bracket >100k forward by the summer. It will rise in smaller steps than that, with current key members of the squad being given new contracts along the way.

If Bellingham goes this summer he will have massive offers from established CL clubs, he’ll be the most sought after midfielder in the world. 

Edited by Nine

Don't get me wrong, we won't get Bellingham, but we will be likely in the CM merry-go-round this Summer. Bellingham, Caicedo, & Rice all likely to be on the move in the Summer. Us, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd, Real Madrid, City, & Chelsea (because obviously) all likely to be in the hunt for one. It's going to be an interesting Summer. 

31 minutes ago, tgarve said:

I think the only poor thing is your attitude , need to seriously get a life if you turn this amount of positivity with the toon into some kind of weird ‘I want more’ thing

just enjoy it you miserable prick

:lol: :thup: