Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

23 minutes ago, KDT said:

Getting Champions League money changes so much in what we can spend on transfers and how much we can fiddle through sponsorship.

Also changes the calibre of player who will give us the time of day.

When we finally get some success, e.g. getting into Europe, winning a trophy, I’d love to see a thread dissecting all our transfer windows since the Keegan years and rating them. Obviously a window doesn’t mean much without context as you could sign no one and it could be an ok window or a disastrous window but we could contextualise the summer window by putting in where we finished the season before and January window by where we are in the league at the end of the window 

19 hours ago, Ben said:

A cup win and a top 4 finish would hopefully mean we made some serious signings 

Think we will be fine regardless. It is clear to see where we are heading. Top 4 will be a game changer though if we can find some way of sustaining top 4. It will just make our recruitment that much easier and likely fire us up a bracket of potential signings to where we were expecting to be. It is a BIG ask to stay top 4 though imo. 

2 minutes ago, La Parka said:

Moving him deeper is interesting. 

He's certainly not looked to have the pace out wide but definitely has the first touch and movement to play the most forward of the three.

Think the first couple of times Howe brought Anderson on it was to play in midfield. After that there was a long period where he was injured/not involved and that was when he got some minutes on the wing. 

If I had to say I think Howe sees Anderson as more of an attacking midfielder than a winger. 

3 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Kone, Caicedo, Rice and Bellingham 4 top class midfielders, we need to get hold of one of these in the summer if we get into the CL. 

Many more could make that list, who would also improve us. But I agree, and think we will undoubtedly strengthen that position. Here’s hoping we have the draw of, and prospective money, fromChampions League football. 

Just now, Dr Jinx said:

After seeing the level of respect between Rice and our players yesterday and even Howe name checking him in the post match interview, I’m 100% convinced the courtship has begun with this one.

I noticed that but I think he’ll stay down south and go to Arsenal.