Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

I noticed yesterday that Rice wins most of the 50/50 challenges he’s in and has excellent anticipation of where the ball will be. Bit like Bruno in that regard. He’s an excellent player.. not sure who makes way for him though? As in lineup, formation etc.

9 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I noticed yesterday that Rice wins most of the 50/50 challenges he’s in and has excellent anticipation of where the ball will be. Bit like Bruno in that regard. He’s an excellent player.. not sure who makes way for him though? As in lineup, formation etc.

Anyone, he’s immense :lol:

He could probably interchange with Bruno, or go to 4-2-3-1 and have them side by side. 

Jizzworthy either way TBH. Not sure we have £100m for one player quite yet though. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

8 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Come on, I know Longstaff has been decent recently but obviously Rice gets in this team ahead of him, there's not debate about that is there.

Rice seems very built to a counter attacking side, to me :sad: I think we've seen with England that when he's in a possession team he lacks range and sometimes seems to play within himself. 

Very energetic for when games are more stretched though. I think Bruno does the defensive side just as well while also providing excellent possession and final third characteristics.

Rice has been much improved in possession in pretty much every metric this season despite West Ham’s failings.

He was poor for England but his best game was against France where he started playing between lines more.

He could play in any team imo.

Edited by Smal

43 minutes ago, Smal said:

Rice has been much improved in possession in pretty much every metric this season despite West Ham’s failings.

He was poor for England but his best game was against France where he started playing between lines more.

He could play in any team imo.

That's not necessarily an endorsement of him. Attacking play maybe flowing through him more this campaign but they're one of the lowest scorers in the league. Is he creating quality? Would be interesting to see their XG performance.

2 hours ago, Mazzy said:

Come on, I know Longstaff has been decent recently but obviously Rice gets in this team ahead of him, there's not debate about that is there.

😂😂 exactly. Rice is absolute quality, he’d be the ideal type of player to sit behind Bruno and protect the back four. 

13 minutes ago, andycap said:

So in the summer do you think there'll be a massive overhaul of players? 

Similar to last summer. 3-4 in 8-9 out (as a guess Gillespie, Darlow, Dummet, Manquillo, Lewis, Ritchie, M.Longstaff, Hendrick, Fraser).

There needs to be an influx for squad depth, given the likelihood that we're going to be playing some form of European football next season. Even more desperately so if that is in the Champions League. Also it's depending on potential outgoings. Personally think similar for what we'll need;

A right footed CB in a similar mould to Botman

A LB

Two forwards or players that can play across the front 3 (as Wilson will be 32 around this time next season and Fraser'll be away)

Two CMs

26 minutes ago, andycap said:

So in the summer do you think there'll be a massive overhaul of players? 

There needs to be, if we're in Europe. We can't play the same XI every week next year, no matter Howe's opinion on sticking with winning teams. He'll need to learn to rotate.

4 hours ago, BoSelecta said:

Would love Rice but no chance we sign him. We can’t blow our FFP load on one player, squad needs improvement in too many areas. We have to go out and find the next Caicado plus 3 or 4 others.

Exactly. Someone like Alvarez at Ajax is much more realistic 

If we get a RCB, a LB and two CMs, that pretty much gives us two players for every position.

Pope---Trippier---Schar---Botman---New LB---Bruno---New CM---Joe---Gordon---Isak---ASM 

Dubs---Ashby---New CB---Burn---Targett---New CM---Longstaff---Willock---Miggy---Wilson---Murphy

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

If we get a RCB, a LB and two CMs, that pretty much gives us two players for every position.

Pope---Trippier---Schar---Botman---New LB---Bruno---New CM---Joe---Gordon---Isak---ASM 

Dubs---Ashby---New CB---Burn---Targett---New CM---Longstaff---Willock---Miggy---Wilson---Murphy

Miggy isn’t in your first eleven?

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I was just showing the depth we'd have in terms of being able to rotate a bit more. His place in the team will be form dependant though.

definitely. We also need the ability to rotate more, so it’s important we have two for each position.

So who are we looking at keeping for squad depth? 

Murphy 

Anderson

Karius

Krafth

Anyone else. 

Then dump

Ritchie

Fraser

Hendrick 

Hayden

Manquillo

Lewis

Dubravka

Darlow

Edited by andycap

Reckon we’ll go £200m-£250m in the summer but that will be partly funded through Maxi and Dubs leaving along with a bit of padding from the likes of our dear captain, Manquillo and one or 2 more.

wouldn’t be a total shock if Wilson went back to Bournemouth or similar for £20-£25m with a younger player brought in. I’d add that to the £250m if that happened.