Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

28 minutes ago, Disco said:

Guedes is pretty average IMO. Doubt he’ll be a starter for wolves either. Neto, Podence both better. What happened with Adama Traore? Did he go back in the end?

they all are like good-ish attackers but none of them stand out from one another :lol:

51 minutes ago, snakzz said:

Imagine just to give the money needed and get the player at once. What an feeling. 

Wolves are fucked without Jimenez and Silva. This is an urgency move. We are not in urgent territory. This regime doesn't like to do urgency. Have a lie down.

5 minutes ago, Kanji said:

they all are like good-ish attackers but none of them stand out from one another :lol:

Neto is class IMO, would have him here and I’d be amazed if he doesn’t go somewhere big at the end of the season unless his injury fucked him. 

12 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Linked with us and Leicester 

Didn’t Eddie sign Solanke and Ibe for Bournemouth? Unless he feels burned by that experience I’d say this one would be right up his strasse.

4 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Didn’t Eddie sign Solanke and Ibe for Bournemouth? Unless he feels burned by that experience I’d say this one would be right up his strasse.

Solanke turned out pretty well in fairness.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Solanke turned out pretty well in fairness.

It’s taken a Mitro-esque redemption arc to get him there and he’ll need to do it in the PL this season to take him out the Chopra / Nugent / Gayle pool of ‘too good / not good enough’ players.

Personally think Hudson-Odoi isn't all that. I'd take a chance on him on loan if Howe thinks he can improve him and I'm happy to be proved wrong.

Just seems to me like he'd have gotten a move away already if he was top level standard (like Tomori and Abraham).

9 hours ago, The Prophet said:

This guy's profile makes a lot of sense as far as what we've been after, as he can play right, left and upfront. Very much a wide forward/striker.

The Wolves link might be a lazy one, just because he's Portuguese. They did the same with Palhinha this summer, and he ended up at Fulham.

Looks like a lot of clubs have been interested in Guedes but Valencia have been insisting on getting back the majority of the 40 million euros they paid for him, and clubs haven't been able to pay it. The reported fee of 35 million euros is in line with what we've offered for both Diaby and Harrison already this summer.

Going to keep an eye on this one. Think it's a possibility.

16 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Personally think Hudson-Odoi isn't all that. I'd take a chance on him on loan if Howe thinks he can improve him and I'm happy to be proved wrong.

Just seems to me like he'd have gotten a move away already if he was top level standard (like Tomori and Abraham).

Think he's very talented, but from Howe's recent interviews, I get the impression we are looking for someone that is more established already.

Would love CHO here and I think his direct style would work well in Howe’s system. Him and Almiron in that RW position is potentially really strong if Miggy keeps up his form too. 

This is also a proper brexity PFM opinion (stole this from someone on here) but I’m loving us targeting young, English players with Premier League experience. 

I grew up watching Newcastle players in the England setup and I’d love it if there was a realistic chance we had some regular English starters. 

8 minutes ago, KaKa said:

This guy's profile makes a lot of sense as far as what we've been after, as he can play right, left and upfront. Very much a wide forward/striker.

The Wolves link might be a lazy one, just because he's Portuguese. They did the same with Palhinha this summer, and he ended up at Fulham.

Looks like a lot of clubs have been interested in Guedes but Valencia have been insisting on getting back the majority of the 40 million euros they paid for him, and clubs haven't been able to pay it. The reported fee of 35 million euros is in line with what we've offered for both Diaby and Harrison already this summer.

Willing to accept 27m apparently

21 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I don’t see the Spanish market as one we are yet going to focus on and target so I would be surprised if we did get him. Not saying he isn’t talented (I’ve not seen him play), but for this initial phase of our rebuild, the prem and Ligue 1 seems to be our focus.

11 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I don’t see the Spanish market as one we are yet going to focus on and target so I would be surprised if we did get him. Not saying he isn’t talented (I’ve not seen him play), but for this initial phase of our rebuild, the prem and Ligue 1 seems to be our focus.

I think they just look for good players that fit regardless of market. Why would they have such a limit in place?

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I think they just look for good players that fit regardless of market. Why would they have such a limit in place?

I don’t mean it as it’s a limit, maybe they just feel for this part of the rebuild that it’s better to target them from the prem or French league. Or maybe our existing set up has better knowledge of those markets. I could be wrong of course, but most of our targets are seemingly from those 2 leagues so far.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I don’t mean it as it’s a limit, maybe they just feel for this part of the rebuild that it’s better to target them from the prem or French league. Or maybe our existing set up has better knowledge of those markets. I could be wrong of course, but most of our targets are seemingly from those 2 leagues so far.

Ah, I see. I think we'll be looking all over to be honest.

Diaby was a very strong link and he's in Germany. In January we were really pushing for Carlos from Sevilla. We appeared to really want Nunez and he was in Portugal etc.

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Ah, I see. I think we'll be looking all over to be honest.

Diaby was a very strong link and he's in Germany. In January we were really pushing for Carlos from Sevilla. We appeared to really want Nunez and he was in Portugal etc.

Speaking of Carlos, was supposedly awful yesterday 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Speaking of Carlos, was supposedly awful yesterday 

Yeah, I've been perusing some Villa opinions on yesterday, and they are not happy!

So happy we didn't get Carlos in January. The main thing about him is that he's 29 already.