Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Guest HTT II

Broja looked a handful when he come on for Chelsea yesterday, I like the look of him. Deceptive pace as well!

How many of our supposed targets moved on to other clubs? :lol:

I really fucking hope Ashworth and Co have something up their sleeves. I want to end the window saying, "oh... that's why we didn't sign Cornet".

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

50 mil seems very steep price. Sure they only sold Haaland for like 20 mil

Aye but he’s the new Haaland…

28 minutes ago, STM said:

How many of our supposed targets moved on to other clubs? :lol:

I really fucking hope Ashworth and Co have something up their sleeves. I want to end the window saying, "oh... that's why we didn't sign Cornet".

Generally it feels like most of the sagas have been resolved early this summer. That said, I still expect the likes of Ronaldo, Bernardo, Tielemans, De Jong, Paqueta and Ruiz to be on the move in the next three weeks.

37 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It'll be because they hadn't planned to sell him yet. They'll want compensating for that.

Yeah, this is supposed to be his big season as he didn't really start next year. He's supposed to be stepping into the slot that opened up with Adeyemi leaving, and they'll be anticipating a big season and therefore a big fee for him next summer, and so they are taking all of that into account.

We need back up for Wilson but there’s no doubt we’re looking at loan options having missed out on Ekitike.

For elsewhere we should only buy if it’s a clear upgrade, be that midfield or right wing. 

We looked very capable yesterday and if it means keeping our powder dry & helping with ffp/ waiting til our revenue increasing through sponsorship I’m happy with that. We have to be shrewd and it’s seems pretty clear that’s how we’re approaching this.

Loans probably make decent sense at this point. It’s pretty clear what level of player we’re after — it just looks like the circumstances this summer don’t make any more of those kinds of permanent deals particularly likely (a lot of time left still, though, so who knows). Rather a decent loan or two now, and hopefully be in a better position later, than locking into lesser targets (all indications are we’re not going to do that anyway, but just sayin’).