Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 hour ago, CheMandelaGhandi said:

Ayoze operates in slow motion. We’d have an absolutely glacial right side if it was him and Trippier marshalling that side. Not that I think Howe would be remotely interested any way.

Trippier is pretty rapid, very quick footed and transitions play very quickly. 

47 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Amadou Onana as a genuine Maddison alternative or (and) to angle/‘motivate’ Leicester and Maddison? 

West Ham and us after him and Cornet it seems. 

West Ham only want cornet on loan supposedly which is a strange one.

Edited by SUPERTOON

6 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Amadou Onana as a genuine Maddison alternative or (and) to angle/‘motivate’ Leicester and Maddison? 

West Ham and us after him and Cornet it seems. 

Onana is a defensive midfielder

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Onana is a defensive midfielder

Plays anywhere in midfield, I think. 6’5” promising young Belgian, who played full championship winning (?) season with Botman last year. 

He’s not a goal scorer/creator, but then Bruno obviously can be. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

3 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Plays anywhere in midfield, I think. 6’5” promising young Belgian, who played full championship winning (?) season with Botman last year. 

He’s not a goal scorer/creator, but then Bruno obviously can be. 

He’s played central midfield as well as centre back, but is primarily a DM- nothing like Maddison. 

6 minutes ago, Manxst said:

He’s played central midfield as well as centre back, but is primarily a DM- nothing like Maddison. 

Yep, I get the difference. Just wonder whether we know we need another body in there, but who we go for and the brief then given to the other midfielders may vary according to who we get. We are lucky in that Bruno can play any role in the middle. 

Also conscious that the whole ‘double pivot’ preference has been discussed regarding how best to use Bruno. Here‘s some blurb re Onana’s playing style:

‘Onana is a central midfield player. The Belgian can play in a number of positions in the centre of the park but has mainly been used on either the left of a double-pivot or else as a single pivot… The right-footer is also quite solid as an ‘8’, playing in a more advanced role in a midfield three or potentially even a diamond depending on the team’s choice of formation.“

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/article/amadou-onana-at-lille-2021-22-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

5 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Yep, I get the difference. Just wonder whether we know we need another body in there, but who we go for and the brief then given to the other midfielders may vary according to who we get. We are lucky in that Bruno can play any role in the middle. 

Also conscious that the whole ‘double pivot’ preference has been discussed regarding how best to use Bruno. Here‘s some blurb re Onana’s playing style:

‘Onana is a central midfield player. The Belgian can play in a number of positions in the centre of the park but has mainly been used on either the left of a double-pivot or else as a single pivot… The right-footer is also quite solid as an ‘8’, playing in a more advanced role in a midfield three or potentially even a diamond depending on the team’s choice of formation.“

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/article/amadou-onana-at-lille-2021-22-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

Think this is a fair point. There's a chance we still get a defensive minded midfielder in there and put Bruno in one of the more advanced midfielder slots.

So is our strategy right now to try and sign one quality player in an attacking area, whether it's a ST, LW, RW or AM doesn't really matter?

And more over, are we putting it low ball offers for various players in those areas, Harrison, Gordon, Maddison, Harvey Barnes etc and trying to see which deal looks the best?

If that is our strategy, who else might we have made low ball bids for? I'm thinking particularly of players in this country and predominantly British?

Or is that not what we ars doing? Are we going for Maddison AND Harrison? And where does Cornet and Dennis come into this?

Edit: There is definitely a trend to our targets, young, British and at clubs outside the top 6.

Edited by STM

9 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Almiron has scored the same number of goals Cornet has in the PL. It's just taken him 4 seasons to Cornet's 1.

I'll never understand how much grace this lad gets from the fans on here. He's done little to deserve it.

As I said in Almiron's own thread, it's ridiculous to consider two years of Steve Bruce as any kind of context to make a judgement about his ability. Emil Krafth and Joelinton have demonstrated that definitively. 

With everyone going on about us buying Richard Madeley for one MILLION dollars, I hope we blindside everyone with a sucker punch transfer.

That Sesko looks a real talent to me, would absolutely love it if we snuck in and bought him.

(Although, for some reason, I have it in my head that it's pronounced Sexshow. It's certainly what I'd get printed on the back of my Saudi shirt anyway.)

33 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

As I said in Almiron's own thread, it's ridiculous to consider two years of Steve Bruce as any kind of context to make a judgement about his ability. Emil Krafth and Joelinton have demonstrated that definitively. 

TBF, he's had 30 leagues games without Bruce here last season, 1 goal 0 assists in those. I would though admit he'd probably be useful if Maddison is signed.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

Guest HTT II

Been speaking to my Watford mate about Sarr, he said he is very inconsistent, but usually puts in a hard working shift and is always a threat, was great in the Championship and has electric pace and is a humble character around the club, but like a few, downed tools when Hodgson arrived. He said he could potentially be a top player with consistency and would be a bargain at 20m + for us. Again I rate the fella and would have him here easily.