Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

So FFP.... If a team can only reinvest the money it makes back, through sponsorships, winning things, profit on player sales etc.

Doesn't that make the wealth of an owner irrelevant? 

I know realistically there are workarounds and sneaky tactics but if everyone was playing fair and adhering to FFP then isn't that the case? The owners personal wealth can only be used for things like training ground developments etc?

2 minutes ago, alexf said:

So FFP.... If a team can only reinvest the money it makes back, through sponsorships, winning things, profit on player sales etc.

Doesn't that make the wealth of an owner irrelevant? 

I know realistically there are workarounds and sneaky tactics but if everyone was playing fair and adhering to FFP then isn't that the case? The owners personal wealth can only be used for things like training ground developments etc?

Yes. That's pretty much the reason it exists, so it's harder to do what Chelsea and City did. The big clubs don't want any more clubs joining the party, they already have to split 4 CL spots among 6 of them as it is.

Not sure how many Settlers of Catan players we have on here, but this window is very much like a game of Settlers where no fucker wants to trade resources with you, and if they do, the want 4 brick for one sheep. 

If the rest of the window plays out like the board game, we're fucked.

Just now, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Hopefully see some activity this week. The bench we had at Brighton really illustrated our lack of squad depth.

I think we need at least three more players.

I’ve said this a couple of times too. Had absolutely no confidence of any player coming off the bench and turning a game. Would love a strong 11 and at least just a couple of exciting options to come off the bench. The 5 sub rule could kill us in tight games this season