Yakuza: Like a Dragon

Guybrush

I'm only reading some of this thread now in case spoilers, and haven't checked out @OpenC's review yet (sorry  C [emoji38]). But, how do you make decent money in this game? My party has just expanded to 4 and it feels like everything is way too expensive for me still (and yes I spent too much at that weird cinema but that's a decision I stand by :lol:)

Money is short early game, definitely. Have you opened the pawn shop? Business game also helps :)

I think you're supposed to feel like you can't afford the good stuff for a while, though, it's part of the working your way back theme.

Edited by OpenC

1 hour ago, Guybrush said:

I'm only reading some of this thread now in case spoilers, and haven't checked out @OpenC's review yet (sorry  C [emoji38]). But, how do you make decent money in this game? My party has just expanded to 4 and it feels like everything is way too expensive for me still (and yes I spent too much at that weird cinema but that's a decision I stand by :lol:)

Business minigame.

Selling all the shite you find lying around can get you a canny purse as well, although obviously it'll restrict your upgrade/craft potential. I went into the workshop with bags and bags of shit I'd found and could never upgrade anything I really wanted to upgrade or craft anything that looked better than I already had, though, even after donating a bit of post-boss cash to the woman so she could do better stuff. So, I stopped worrying about that pretty quickly and just sold everything so I could buy posh gear at le chatte blanche.

Edited by OpenC

Aye, well, you're probably aware of my feelings on collecting shit to make new stuff in games by now :lol: was clear that was going to be the case but was also clear that it was going to be a fuck on so I didn't think twice :lol:  I got through absolutely fine without using it at all. Might struggle with the post game I guess, but if I do I'll just stop :lol:

Edited by OpenC

While I'm on the subject of things I didn't do (no spoilers here I don't think), I also didn't bother having many long conversations with my friends in the bar since it instantly felt a bit Persona and I kept accidentally saying something inappropriate as I was hammering the buttons to get through the pages of text and suddenly it wanted me to contribute :lol:

I never went on the kart, I never even noticed a cinema, there are people all over town waiting for me to come back for substories (I've even got some of the things I need to complete the substories), I didn't try most of the poundmates, I didn't play the game with the old dude outside the homeless camp, the list is pretty long :lol:

There's plenty I just didn't bother with. I played it like an old RPG and hoped I'd get away with ignoring the bits I wasn't interested in, and it was fucking brilliant. It's good that there are additional mechanics to explore if you're interested, but it doesn't force you to if you're not.

Edited by OpenC