What are your minimum expectations for this season? (2022/23)

Rich

What are your competition expectations for this season?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. What is the minimum acceptable finish in the Premier League?

2. 2. What is the minimum acceptable progress in the FA Cup?

3. 3. What is the minimum acceptable progress in the League Cup?

I would go 11th in the league, top 6 and us being bottom of the group in behind. More so relegation should at no point be a worry is the minimum expectation.

No minimum in the cups. Could easy end with with Man City or Liverpool in the early rounds.

10th

5th round

4th round

I'm not taking minimum expectations to be "EDDIE OUT" or anything, but I think anything less than 10th would be a pretty disappointing season on the pitch. The cups are weird because we could get unlucky in the draw, but as long as we're knocked out by a team in the Premiership I don't think I could really complain.

League, I see no good reason why we should perform worse than last season, so 46+ points would be my expectation, I think. 

Cups, assuming we don't instantly get Man City away, just getting through a couple rounds would be nice. Anything to make us think it's not totally laughable that we might actually win something. 

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

10th

5th round

4th round

I'm not taking minimum expectations to be "EDDIE OUT" or anything, but I think anything less than 10th would be a pretty disappointing season on the pitch. The cups are weird because we could get unlucky in the draw, but as long as we're knocked out by a team in the Premiership I don't think I could really complain.

Pretty much this for me, too, cups are a lottery but we have to be looking to better last season's league finish.

Honestly I don't care too much where we finish, I think europe is likely well beyond us still so I just want the team to improve and us to not have any relegation anxiety at all, and take the cups seriously. As i voted if we finish 12th i really wouldnt care, below that would be a little concerning. I know that's low but if the squad is gelling and improving we seriously lack depth. If Bruno gets a long term injury for instance we suddenly become very unimpressive

League position: 10th. If we don't overtake at least one of Wolves, Brighton & Leicester and stay ahead of Villa, Palace, etc then it's been a poor season.

Cups is impossible to call. We could take it seriously but if we draw say Liverpool or City away at the first hurdle then it's all over before it's started. I'd say as long as we don't go out to a non-top 6 side at home or a non-top 10 club away then we've done all that can be expected.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

I reckon that 10th or above would be acceptable. I think we’ll finish 8th. I hope we finish 6th.

FA Cup, is all dependent on the draw, so making a decent attempt/putting out a strong team is acceptable. I think we’ll win two games. I hope we get to at least a semi-final.

League Cup, as above is acceptable. I think we’ll get to a quarter final. I hope we win it. 

I think it’d be pretty disastrous for us to finish bottom half to be honest, so 10th. We aren’t going to attract better players if we finish lower.

6th round in the FA cup. Not bothered about the carling.

Minimum was the key word for me.

With what we have at our disposal and how we performed last season looking at top 10 but 10th is the minimum we should be achieving in my opinion.

Think top 6 is way out of our reach given how well some above us have recruited or not lost players.

Eddie does that and he’s a genius…

(with the proviso we don’t go big in transfers in remaining days of window)

13th

5th round

4th round

But it obviously all depends on context- whether we succumb to injuries, who we get drawn with in the cups etc, so I've factored that in a bit.

The minimum with no key injuries and good draws in the cups is probably

10th

5th round

Quarters

6 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

10th is okay, but I can't see the likes of Bruno staying if we finish that low. 

I think he'll take part responsibility for not doing better to lift the club if we finish that low, and stay on to fight to make us better. He's just that kind of guy. Nothing about him suggests he's ego is fragile or that he is a quitter. 

10th seems a sensible minimum target. If we finish slightly below on points or whatever then no big deal. As long as we're part of the safely midtable group with relegation never being a consideration. 

Cups I've gone for 5th round but it's a somewhat meaningless measurement. Depends on the draw. 

I think taking out the top six, plus West Ham and Leicester I'd be a bit disappointed if we didn't finish above the rest. Injury crisis aside obviously.

The Cups are harder. If we draw City away in the third round then that's just hard luck. I'd say as long as we don't get knocked out by someone below us in the table that would be OK.