Newcastle United 2-0 Nottingham Forest (06/08/2022)

loki679

Down to Earth with a bang for the Forest lads after some of their combined XIs and so on. :lol: Reading on their forum one said it's like watching Championship football but at x1.75 speed.

Edited by buzz

5 minutes ago, thorin said:

I'm sad the system still looks like Bruces gung-ho attacking/defending... looked like a pre-season match tbh, hopefully combinations will get better (not sure why as pre-season is finished).

Can you see the Matrix Neo? It's all a simulation isn't it. 

It’ll always be mad going 1-0 up and not shitting ourselves. I don’t think I’ll get used to that for a while.

Forest were cat shit mind. Saved their blushes by being pretty poor in the final third.

Thoroughly enjoyed watching that in Mallorca on my son's birthday, he was wearing his new Joelinton shirt. Needless to say, there was a couple of potato headed Brexity Mackem families in the bar, who seemed gutted at how good we were and had to watch with gritted teeth. 

Vamos los muchachos.

Just now, buzz said:

Down to Earth with a bang for the Forest lads after some of their combined XIs and so on. :lol: Reading on their forum one lad said it's like watching Championship football but at x1.75 speed.

My combined 11

Pope

Trippier

Schar

Burn

Target

Bruno

Big Joe

Little Joe

Almiron

ASM

Wilson

Brilliant performance, our pressing and attacking play was glorious to watch.

It’s only Forest, so won’t get too excited, but that was great.

Howe seemingly coaching the best out of ASM, finally playing like a team player and looks 10 times better for it.

2 minutes ago, thorin said:

Let's just blame first game of the season to start off with and see how it goes.

I'm missing a systematic pressing, cutting of angles and whatnot. 2 ppl running the same guy. A defending flat 5 in the midfield watching a through pass. Think it was better last season tbh. I had hoped we would evolve into something decent, can't keep blaming the players there.

Pope hoofed the ball more than Dubravka tbh.

I honestly dont remember Pope kicking the ball once, you're clearly on the wind up.

Most complete performance I can remember, possibly ever. Every single stat ludicrously in our favour and I can't remember an opposing side failing to lay a glove on us like that before.

Excellent game management and made to look like a piece of piss - this must be what a proper pre season can do versus last year's opener.

It's absolutely dizzying to think about where this team is headed, Howe certainly appears to be the man for the job, the transfers are savvy, the fanbase is absolutely fucking rabid. The coffers are overloaded. There's no limit.

21 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Lets take this time to remember their wanky comments on their forum

ahhhh satisfying

"Newcastle aren't even a good team they almost got relegated last season"

Notts Forrest are a shit team and will get relegated this season