Brighton vs. Newcastle United: 13/08/22 @ 3PM (No UK TV)

Can't see us having more possession than them. But that's not to say I think it will be widely in their favour because I think both teams will have periods when they see alot of the ball. 

Even though they got 2 against Man United I don't seem them scoring many this season so if we can score once I don't see us losing. 

I'll say 0-1 .

Hoping for a big performance from Maxi, should have more opportunities on the break being away from home and against a better footballing side. As good as we were against Forrest we haven't quite got the quality in the final third to be dominating possession against top half teams and picking them apart; on the break we can and should be very dangerous. Expecting an even game and hoping we can nick it 2-1 or 1-0.

2 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Very reasonable comments on that Brighton forum. They don't like Eddie though and seem convinced that Potter is better than him. What do we make of that?

They're Brighton fans and are just down the road from Bournemouth. 

Just now, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

:lol: Nearly 100 miles. Like us saying Leeds are “just down the road”

Its a fair distance, but pretty much all south coast teams have a hatred for one another, i'm not saying its logical, but its the way it is :lol: 

14 minutes ago, 54 said:

They're Brighton fans and are just down the road from Bournemouth. 

I get that. But rating Potter higher than Howe? That is contentious, to say the least.

I would take a draw, as they always seem like such a well drilled team and see a lot of the ball.  However, I'm pretty sure last season, their home form was actually pretty poor.  Can't say I watch them enough to know why that might be.  Maybe teams can sit in and frustrate them and the home support, play in the counter, I don't know.

We are certainly a lot better matched with them now Howe is here.  This would be a 2-0/3-0 job under Bruce.  

36 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Very reasonable comments on that Brighton forum. They don't like Eddie though and seem convinced that Potter is better than him. What do we make of that?

Yes Potter is much better, no contest! Take note FA! POTTER FOR ENGLAND :bluestar:

9 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I would take a draw, as they always seem like such a well drilled team and see a lot of the ball.  However, I'm pretty sure last season, their home form was actually pretty poor.  Can't say I watch them enough to know why that might be.  Maybe teams can sit in and frustrate them and the home support, play in the counter, I don't know.

We are certainly a lot better matched with them now Howe is here.  This would be a 2-0/3-0 job under Bruce.  

If the vaginal discharge was still here this fixture wouldn't exist.

2 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Potter being better than Howe is quite a prominent opinion away from this forum I would say. 

Good. They can go for Potter instead of Howe when Southgate bottles it and they need a new manager for England.

Super computer has them to finish top six? [emoji38]

In fairness they're a good side, and a good result versus Man Utd.

I see Potter and Howe very similar, nice guys, similar style/philosophy, organised, both send their sides out for a the win, and both are ambitious.

Think this will be a very close game, we haven't drawn a game in over 20+ games now, and since Eddie came in there were a few draws and losses, but he was getting to grips with the transition early doors, ever since the new players arrived and the players understood his vision, we've racked up 17 wins.

Massive season for Howe, Brighton are a good side, tough away game, but, I just feel if we keep players fit, Howe will surprise a lot of people this season. 

I feel confident we can get the win.

1 - 2

Potter is a perfect fit for Brighton. I don’t see him being as successful in an England role as he’s free from scrutiny at the Swans. He doesn’t have the same mettle Howe does in front of media and being able to gel players together. Much like Moyes, needs the right fit to be at his best.

Guest HTT II

I think they are both evenly matched, however I’d say potter is more of a team builder, Howe is a club builder and with that comes the team bit. 

Potter is doing a fantastic job there, I am not going to argue over who is better really of course think Howe for what he has done but they are quite different. The one thing I worry about the Potter for England noise is he seems a systems manager who has taken his patient time building a squad out of fairly low key parts to play the football they want to play. His first season wasn't very successful but the board were patient and trusted him. International manager you don't have the time to put complex systems in place for the squad, don't have the time with them all to subsume to the system and will have a hell of a lot more problem dealing with Egos which at Brighton has been less of a problem. 

I rate and respect Potter but I prefer Howe's style of football and presence far more, and I felt that way prior to him getting appointed here. There'd be no Bournemouth without Howe and the team who coached with him or supported him from the football club side. Keegan-esque really. 

Conversation for another day - Im really looking forward to this - I know Howe will set us up to go and impose our style and look to get 3 points.