Brighton vs. Newcastle United: 13/08/22 @ 3PM (No UK TV)

That win there under Rafa in the Championship was class. We outplayed them after their pathetically soft pen, and shithoused it late on after that class fluke.

Then 5 days later we tactically outclassed Huddersfield. Remember going to Shindig after that Huddersfield game and getting emotional when off my tits thinking about the future under Benitez after such a class week. :lol:

It would be really nice to win so we can take a hammering off Man City and still have a good points total. 

Brighton were good today but Man Utd made them look good too. We won’t give them as much help as that. 

Tough game but we should be looking for a win. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

If we have aspirations of finishing 7th then these are the games we need to be winning. 

Although Brighton won today I’d back us if we perform like yesterday. We’d have stuffed that Manure team 2/3-0 today I think 

Would like to think we'll go there and look to win the game, although I'm still conditioned into Brighton (a) meaning a shit performance and often a hammering.

Draw would be alright, win would be mega. 

1 minute ago, Happinesstan said:

We'll definitely be going there to get a win, but Brighton will be looking for the win as well. It's a good test after Forest and before City.

Agree. They looked pretty decent. Watched the whole game.

5 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It would be really nice to win so we can take a hammering off Man City and still have a good points total. 

Brighton were good today but Man Utd made them look good too. We won’t give them as much help as that. 

Tough game but we should be looking for a win. 

Not saying we will not lose to City, but think we will fair better against the top 6 this season with less hammerings! Howe will have it as a target to get more from the top 6 this season, espicially at Home. 

Back to Brighton - will be interesting to see if they can keep their form up this season as they lost 2 very good players. Man U result is no indication for us, they are totally shite. 

A point would be good, but hoping for a win at last. I'm going and looking forward to it. 

17 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

This’ll be a good game, we looked good, they looked good yesterday. Can see a 2-2 or a narrow win 2-1

for either side 

Agree, this is the sort of game we would lose comfortably a year ago. We can go into it now with a sense of optimism that we are a much better side and have hope to get something out of it.  Brighton also looked great yesterday against a poor Man Utd, we will put up more of a fight and as said above it will be close with a draw most likely but, a narrow win either way also a possibility.

This'll be a good match, they're very well organised & are tactically flexible. I'd take a draw.

A bit crackers that we won the game in March with no Bruno starting and a front 3 of Wood, Murphy & Fraser. I thought their midfield was really good when we played them but we've gone up a gear since then so it'll be a test of our progression. I think Howe will revert our style back here to more counter-based. Head says 1-1, heart says 2-1 with goals from Wilson & Miggy.

49 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

This'll be a good match, they're very well organised & are tactically flexible. I'd take a draw.

A bit crackers that we won the game in March with no Bruno starting and a front 3 of Wood, Murphy & Fraser. I thought their midfield was really good when we played them but we've gone up a gear since then so it'll be a test of our progression. I think Howe will revert our style back here to more counter-based. Head says 1-1, heart says 2-1 with goals from Wilson & Miggy.

Am I remembering correctly that they struggled massively with injuries, particularly in defence, when we played them?

Brighton having a distinct play style is a bit of a double-edged sword. Howe will have analyzed and know their patterns of play (as will Ashworth, no doubt). Could give us the tactical edge in what will be a even game between two teams that play good football.