Brighton vs. Newcastle United: 13/08/22 @ 3PM (No UK TV)

I quite like Brighton in a similar way to Leicester in that they've grown the clubs over the years to be sustainable and highly competitive. It's no surprise we've poached their (Brighton) catalyst in Ashworth. Really looking forward to this game to see how we match up to a similarly equipped club and probably our main competition for a top 8 league position.  Man U were wank yesterday, but Brighton had a go at them and didn't look to have regressed selling two of their better players. 

Think it'll be a decent match with a draw most likely, but I would love to see an exciting 2-1 or 3-2 win for us. (who wouldn't)

2 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

Potter being better than Howe is quite a prominent opinion away from this forum I would say. 

Who cares? I wouldn't swap, and I suppose Brighton fans wouldn't either.

Would be disappointed with a defeat. Certainly hoping for a win and somewhat expecting it too. Wouldn't take a guaranteed draw over playing the match, put it like that.

Just now, midds said:

I'd take a dull as fuck 0-0 right now

Yeah, I think Brighton are one of the few dangerous sides in this league.

We need our midfield trio to get a hold of the ball, like they normally do.

Brighton will leave more gaps than Forest did but will also be better than them in every department.

Looks pretty even from this far away and it looks a pretty intriguing match up. Both sides probably looking at it as a good measure of where they're at.

Having a look at one of their message boards and some of them saying home to us is a sterner test than away to Man Utd. It's been some year, it really has.

You'd expect the two teams to be pretty close to each other again by May but the Wilson/Welbeck thing - at the very very least - means we should finish above them. Big opportunity to start making that happen at the weekend, so I'd expect we'll go there and back ourselves. Point would be areet, like. 

Guest reefatoon

Glad it’s Howe in charge this time when we go down, hopefully we will play a much better style of football, as the last few times we have been to Brighton the games have always been fucking awful to watch.

From my POV we’ve got f*** all options to pick from apart from Burn or Botman.

So, probably unchanged unless we get an injury in training.

Fwiw, I think Bruno’s slide rule passes into the channel between the CB and FB suit a right footer so I would’ve given Murphy a go if Maxi HAS to stay on the left.

Going to this and can't wait.

On the Potter/Howe debate - for me, those two, are the stand out candidates for replacing Southgate.

I can 100% see one of, if not both, of them getting that gig in their careers.

Potter, particularly, is made for it. Intelligent, well read, a 'clean' choice and a 'company man'.

Apropos of nothing, I remember a pre-match thread in 2015 for Leicester at home on the old forum. And I vividly recall someone angrily stating "We should be smashing them, they're Leicester FFS!" [emoji38] Leicester won the league and we got relegated. It's so tight in that space between 5th and 10th nowadays I find it impossible to call any one particular match.