Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Hi,

I am sure I have seen a video clip of Paul Dummett missing the ball when trying to cross it, I think it was V Everton. Could some kind soul link me to this footage.

Cheers

One of McClaren’s last games I think. In front of our fans setting himself up the way he does to kick the ball, he slipped and the ball rolled for a throw-in (if it’s the moment I’m thinking of). Classic.

I don’t believe he’s racist. I think large swathes of people who believe in this conspiracy theory stuff are completely unaware of the racial connotations associated. Should he be aware of such links? Possibly. Maybe some sort of education programme where he’s taught about how it could be viewed as offensive would be better.

I never understood the logic behind the original change to begin with all it seemed designed to do is raise prices as clubs have much less time to sort transfers post a world cup/euros etc

The logic was pretty simple to understand and sensible. It was to stop the season starting whilst players were refusing to play to get moves or feigning injury etc. Clubs have months to buy who they want. Personally think there should be no January transfer window and the manager you start the season with you retain until season ends.

Also in todays papers:

Bournemouth fan, 17, banned from attending football matches for three years after pleading guilty to chanting racist abuse during Tottenham clash

Slightly ironically, had he done the same thing at a Spurs match he might have been done for racist behavior anyway.

Pathetic decision, mind.

It's looking likely that the tweet was bullshit actually.

It is. It would take a little while for him to go to court over this as theirs all sorts of things he could be convicted of. On top of that the police were appealing for his identity yesterday, and the original tweet came from ‘forty away days’ with nowhere else picking it up.

If he did get a lifetime ban then I think it would be justified. If you did that in public you would get arrested and possibly have to sign on a sex offenders register.

People going on about the teenager who racially abused players get less of a sentence are missing the point. The point is the teenager who racially abused players should have had a harsher sentence, not this guy getting a more lenient one.

I never understood the logic behind the original change to begin with all it seemed designed to do is raise prices as clubs have much less time to sort transfers post a world cup/euros etc

The logic was pretty simple to understand and sensible. It was to stop the season starting whilst players were refusing to play to get moves or feigning injury etc. Clubs have months to buy who they want. Personally think there should be no January transfer window and the manager you start the season with you retain until season ends.

Said this about managers for ages. You should be able to sack them but only appoint from within.

It would only have been logical if the rest of Europe dropped everything just to fall in line with the Premier League. Given most leagues are up and running late August, end of August is the sensible date.

Iirc the Jan window was a compromise in the Bosman ruling so that players weren't free to move at any time of the year and/or act as normal employees who give a month's notice etc