Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

2 hours ago, cubaricho said:

How do y'all say herbs? :lol:

We decided to stop pronouncing it as 'erbs (a loan word from the French) and started pronouncing the h at the beginning. 

We started sometime after the American colonisation and revolution so the Americans kept on saying it the way we used to.

It's similar to Fall for Autumn.

We changed, Americans didn't.

5 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

All Star game sounds great. Crossbar Challenge, free kick contest, and all star game sounds way better than the charity shield. 

Look how much fun the players are having here. 

All joking aside, they’re clearly having a blast there. 

12 minutes ago, Ameritoon said:

Sorry you guys don't know how to pronounce any words that come from a foreign language :lol:

I'll defend you guys on words like herbs, but let's not forget the way you pronounce croissant or Notre Dame.

I don't think foreign language pronunciation is a flex for the US of A.

11 minutes ago, Noisewater said:

I'll defend you guys on words like herbs, but let's not forget the way you pronounce croissant or Notre Dame.

I don't think foreign language pronunciation is a flex for the US of A.

I think I've heard the word Muslim pronounced at least 16 different ways here. :lol:

1 hour ago, Astroblack said:

All Star game sounds great. Crossbar Challenge, free kick contest, and all star game sounds way better than the charity shield. 

Look how much fun the players are having here. 

That was class.

jesus that's grim like. Noone ever doubted nani had skills but there are plenty of skill merchants around but the real great players are ones who, and i hate to sound like a pfm, but could be kicked for 90mins and still dazzle. Nani was good but a pale imitation of, and i hate to say it, ronaldos first stint at man u. of course he can pull off some cool tricks on command it's utterly irrelevant to the sport. 

3 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

jesus that's grim like. Noone ever doubted nani had skills but there are plenty of skill merchants around but the real great players are ones who, and i hate to sound like a pfm, but could be kicked for 90mins and still dazzle. Nani was good but a pale imitation of, and i hate to say it, ronaldos first stint at man u. of course he can pull off some cool tricks on command it's utterly irrelevant to the sport. 

Did he do the business on a cold wet night in Stoke? That's what we really want to know.

7 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

image.thumb.png.eb6a3c1b935539f21734fc1802ae92f6.png

People having fun!?  Not on my watch.

Brendan Rodgers getting a role is disgusting.

45 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Did he do the business on a cold wet night in Stoke? That's what we really want to know.

Yes, yes he did (well mid afternoon but Stoke is grim AF)

Distinctly remember that game. Nani scored and was the best player for Man U on the day. 

and Kobe, Jordan and Lebron all participated in a dunk contest at one point or another during their careers. I think they all won, too. No one is bigger a cross bar challenge. 

i’d have an all star weekend to open up the Premier League. Give it some pomp and circumstance. Saturday - Skill, shooting contests, Sunday - all star game played between the best 32 player's from the previous season or chosen by coaches across the league.  The build up and opening to the PL is kind of anti climactic. It’s kind of like “It’s here, remember the Premier League? Well it’s back” unless you’ve been reading the gossip and keeping tabs on player moves, you’re kind of out of the loop and league is a mystery. I wouldn’t mind a teaser. Why not have a little display on what could be up for offer the coming season?

Edited by Astroblack