League Cup 2nd Round: Tranmere (a) Wednesday 24th August @ 7:45 - Live on Sky

HaydnNUFC

1 minute ago, RodneyCisse said:

Reckon this is a telly pick?

Possibility definitely. They might fancy Fleetwood v Everton as more of an upset chance though?

Anyone know how many TV games there are?

5 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Birmingham away in the League (Brock getting booted in the napper, off Speedie, IIRC)

Good draw for us - every chance Sky will pick it up.

No no he was substituted at Tranmere because of a headache. Either the 6-6 or 3-2 defeat. 

He stayed on till the end at Brum, I was there, cracking day out but not for Stan Seymour.

1 hour ago, madras said:

No no he was substituted at Tranmere because of a headache. Either the 6-6 or 3-2 defeat. 

He stayed on till the end at Brum, I was there, cracking day out but not for Stan Seymour.

Aye amazing how he could legit get kicked in the head against Birmingham when Keegan was manager and stay on, concussed for the rest of the game but slink off at half-time citing a headache pre Keegan.

Edited by Wolfcastle

I’ve got the 6-6 on VHS somewhere for reasons I can’t quite remember. 

They’ve been to as many LC finals as we have :anguish:

Any NOFC stalwarts still on here who played against their fan team?

We had a spell in the late 90s / early 00s of playing them a few times in the cups, but not for more than 20 years. Nice tie, 4th tier, so should really be a win, but a relatively big ground, so a chance for more fans to go, and the possibility of it being on TV. I'd have preferred a home match, but can't complain about that draw.