Brighton & Hove Albion 0-0 Newcastle United (13/08/2022)

BlueStar

Just now, Gallowgate Toon said:

Easy to forget this is the second game of the season, we're not going to be fully up-to-speed yet.

We definitely look a bit energy-less in the middle. Very odd.

Heat may well be playing a part 

I think Brighton book-ended the half with the stronger performance, with us a little stronger in the middle.

Couple of thoughts:

- Almiron has been our best player. Had a couple of opportunities he could/should have done better with, however.

- ASM is trying to do the right thing but failing every time. Hopefully with continued persistence something will come off.

- Trippier has been pretty poor, noticeably sloppy with his passing.

- Bruno has been very quiet and conceded possession in bad positions a couple of times.

-  Willock has been poor; looks very lethargic.

I'm sure the heat will be playing a big role, and imagine the latter stages of the second half could see a few individual errors and wouldn't be surprised if there were a few late goals.

Just now, gazza ladra said:

I was thinking Longstaff on as well.

Gonna call it that he'll be rubbing the sunblock-infused sweat out of his eyes 10 mins in after coming on and blinding himself :D

How do you do a special one-off kit and STILL have it clash?

Watching from home between the shadow and the kits it's not easy to tell who's who, definitely think that explains a few of the more egregious missed passes.

Second half will be better.

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, Conjo said:

A point away to Brighton is a decent result. Why do our match thread always go to shit unless we are in the lead during half time by people literally soiling themselves? :lol: 

It is, but these are very beatable.

Notes:

Bruno can't be worse, which should worry Brighton.

We've gone long a little too often to me.

Botman Looks nice.

Burn can't help ASM going forward, perhaps Manquillo on?

Elliot Anderson is my pick to make a difference from the bench

I had a dreadful view at the Forest game but you can just tell we lock a real attacking threat - especially down the wings. 

Add into that, if Bruno/Joe aren’t firing on all cylinders we really luck powder puff at times. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Don’t think anyone is saying much wrong tbh. Just saying we haven’t been great and attacking play pretty much non existent so far.

I've seen plenty of the usual "we need 1000 new players", "everyone is shit", "usually good player is now maybe not good as we think he is", "one injury and we will be relegated to league 2".

5 minutes ago, ElDiablo said:

We've wasted loads of promising positions. Miggy needs to just hit one when it opens up for him. Looking a little sluggish in midfield and we're missing Targett, all a bit lopsided.

This. I would be much more concerned if we didn't come close. Better final ball this half plz

Just now, Newcastle Fan said:

We still lack proper decision making in the final third.

Lack of ball retention and patience up there to bring our team up the pitch isn't helping either. I'd like Bruno on the ball in their half rather than ours if given the choice.