Newcastle United vs. Manchester City - 21/8/22 @ 4:30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

48 minutes ago, STM said:

YAR is at the game tommorow. Hopefully a transfer meeting also.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he was over here for the final week of the window and ready to sanction some spending 

1 minute ago, LV said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if he was over here for the final week of the window and ready to sanction some spending 

Love it when people say stuff like this, as if it’s impossible in 2022 for him to do that from KSA. 

Must be why we’ve not signed anyone, he needs to be here face-to-face.

Just now, LV said:

Much quicker to have conversations face to face and in the same time zone.

But then you knew that anyway. 

How could it possibly be quicker face-to-face than picking up a telephone, unless he’s permanently in the same room as them? 

You get worse by the day :lol: 

I will just be proud of the flag display in full view and the atmosphere that follows. 

Hopefully we come out of it with something performance wise, to take into the next game.

4 hours ago, jack j said:

Rain getting this called off with a bit luck

Hopefully not to the extent the match is called off, but wouldn't mind if it was windy and pouring down.  Poor weather together with a hostile environment in the stadium and a hard working, tough Newcastle could see the Man City players simply not wanting to be there and not be up for it.

Funnily enough my optimism for this is growing rather than shrinking - admittedly from a low base. Maybe because recent results make our start to the season grow in stature :)

3 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I will be tomorrow after 7 pints pre match. Up the mags.

I would be all in for that but it will be 10:30am and I'll be in a coffee shop with some old ladies and my elderly mother watching it on an iPad. Her best friend lived in Scotland for 5 years and loved the place. She'll probably watch the game.

I just hope it's not a severe beating. A draw would be fantastic. I bet Saint James' park will be rocking.

Would feel way more positive if De Bruyne and Haaland were out, but they are just so strong all over the pitch.

I'm one of ASM's biggest fans but he usually gets little joy out of Walker or Man city in general and apart from him and fast counter attacks I can't see us getting much offense.