João Pedro

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, Dan Gleebals said:

Fair play to Watford for identifying all these players in the first place, then developing them to a point their values have increased so much! I assume this is a model we will adopt to, and need to. 

Begs the question why they did not perform last year with these players.

My mate is a Watford fan and he says they recruit well with players, but their management appointments have been the complete opposite.

Is he called Mark?

6 minutes ago, Dan Gleebals said:

Fair play to Watford for identifying all these players in the first place, then developing them to a point their values have increased so much! I assume this is a model we will adopt to, and need to. 

Begs the question why they did not perform last year with these players.

My mate is a Watford fan and he says they recruit well with players, but their management appointments have been the complete opposite.

in short they keep great relationships with agents and rarely demand outrageous transfer fees. Agents are more willing to let their players to go to Watford as a stepping stone.

Just now, ponsaelius said:

Feel like shit just want a new signing 

This is sort of where I'm at now like :lol:. Feels like it will be soon™.

Still three in before the window shuts, I reckon.

1 minute ago, Rich said:

This is sort of where I'm at now like :lol:. Feels like it will be soon™.

Still three in before the window shuts, I reckon.

Two I reckon. 

And fear not, the window will be closed before we know it :lol:

43 minutes ago, Dan Gleebals said:

they paid 30m for Sarr in the first place mind, don't know about Dennis

40 minutes ago, Rich said:

They've just been relegated, they've got next to no leverage.

I mean they do. JP has some time to go on his contract and he could be pivotal in getting them promoted. That would payback any fee they could get for him.

Whenever they've been relegated - they've kept some quality around to help them get back up.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

I mean they do. JP has some time to go on his contract and he could be pivotal in getting them promoted. That would payback any fee they could get for him.

Whenever they've been relegated - they've kept some quality around to help them get back up.

Aye still got 5 years left on his contract I think 

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Plus having sold two of their three strikers, they are now in a position to say no sale on Pedro, especially if they rated him best all along. £30m seems a ludicrous amount for a player with almost no history, but from what the Watford fans on Loaded were saying, he is the real deal, so it might be another one of those where only silly money is going to persuade them to sell.

17 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Let's see. Looks very much like a Sissoko/Wijnaldum situation to me.

He's also got less than three years left on his deal. If he doesn't sign a new one, his valuation is only going down from here.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

It’s 5 according to Romano 

This was never officially confirmed, as far as I could tell, but it would be unlike Romano to post that without being certain. :thup: