João Pedro

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Some people have the foresight and vision and others just don't, and they just won't get it.

I'm hoping we sign the kid. He looks to be very talented. When he joins and starts getting some game time then the fun will begin.

Liking the fact that he might be versatile enough to play across the front-three but also in midfield as suggested, despite Watford fans not seeing him as a #9. Hoping we sign him, but will be disappointed if he's our only remaining signing tbf :lol: 

Personally don't think this gets accepted.

Normally you don't even hear about the bid, its just "he's on his way for a medical after a bid was accepted".

Let's hope it does get done as it allows us plenty of scope for the last 2 weeks of the window.

11 minutes ago, maze said:

I don’t know about that. I’ve never been a fan of picking up players from relegated sides as primary target. 

I’d rather we built on the Bruno and Botman ambitions, cause that’s what we’ll need if we are gonna challenge for something (Europe, Cup win etc).

I’m all for getting talents but not at the expense of ready-made first team players. 

There's great value in picking up players from relegated clubs. We already got one this season in Pope and I don't think anyone can look back at the last two matches and say they are sceptical of him?

How will talents ever get the chance if we keep signing ready-made first team players? Besides, we aren't in a position to get a full team of Bruno's. We need to take a chance on potential and hope they develop/mature with us as we progress.

Just now, STM said:

Personally don't think this gets accepted.

Normally you don't even hear about the bid, its just "he's on his way for a medical after a bid was accepted".

Let's hope it does get done as it allows us plenty of scope for the last 2 weeks of the window.

Fucking timing of this.

Just now, Andy84 said:

Getting all very tiresome this now 

Look at the bright side, we're playing Man City at the weekend, so no transfer will make a difference to that loss anyways. 

We can't be far off. If we are that keen on him, we will bridge the gap.

There's a strategy at play here. I don't know what that strategy is, if I'm honest, but there is clearly a plan.

1 minute ago, Flip said:

Liking the fact that he might be versatile enough to play across the front-three but also in midfield as suggested, despite Watford fans not seeing him as a #9. Hoping we sign him, but will be disappointed if he's our only remaining signing tbf :lol: 

I can't see why he'd be our only remaining signing. Minimum we'll get at least one other alongside him IMO.

I'm not worried about his finishing to be honest. Those Watford teams by all accounts haven't been sides that use the ball well, and so he's likely having to drop more to link play and create chances, without then getting chances created as much for him once he gets further forward himself.

When used up front, in actuality I'm more excited about his ability to get on the ball, not lose it, and initiate some build up play, because for me these are the absolute worst aspects of Chris Wood. In this 4-3-3 we need someone that can do that when Wilson doesn't play.