João Pedro

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Fab was saying they want £30 million all in, so fingers crossed.

Yeah, that's been the word since back in June.

I do think there's a chance if we had come out with that as our first offer earlier on they would have tried to get more, so I kind of get the whole approach.

Just now, KaKa said:

Yeah, that's been the word since back in June.

I do think there's a chance if we had come out with that as our first offer earlier on they would have tried to get more, so I kind of get the whole approach.

Aye, not sure bidding high on your opener is ever a viable strategy when you appear to be the only buyer. :lol:

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Pretty sure if we threw in Murphy or Anderson on loan as part of it they'd accept given they're losing 3.

Watford are fine for players.

They already have other prospects that will be introduced into the team.

If they do go into the market it will be for players much better than anyone we would give them.

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Aye, not sure bidding high on your opener is ever a viable strategy when you appear to be the only buyer. :lol:

Yeah, left to some folks on here though, we'd be doing that every time. And clubs would just push the price up.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Interesting that Fab is specifying that it's verbal, rather than an official bid. He does have good connections at Watford so maybe they're keeping him in the loop.

Makes sense why the other reporter was saying there has been no further bid from us after the first one. Looks like they have been verbal.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Other than the obvious, what is the difference or the importance of this being be verbal and not written ?

I think that was his way of saying his previous info was accurate and that other report was just semantics.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Other than the obvious, what is the difference or the importance of this being be verbal and not written ?

Multiple journalists have said “there was no second bid” due to it apparently not being submitted in writing. So I think this is just Romano covering his back.

4 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

If he was actually available for that price he would have been gone by now.

I think the owner wants the full fee for Paqueta upfront, which is causing the issue.

I believe we paid Bruno's initial fee all upfront too? If I'm not mistaken.