João Pedro

As much as I wanted Pedro (and I did), I love the fact we stuck to our guns, walked away after reports the player wanted to come then spent twice that money on a different striker.

This really sends a message out that we won’t be taken advantage of if you try to push us yet do have money to spend to take us seriously at the same time.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Love the idea that the owners hated Edwards for his pro Bruce/ anti takeover views that they intentionally fed him the budget rumours and summer so that when they went big everyone would jump on him for being a complete no nothing prick.

I'm all in. Don't care what anyone says, the club has played him and he's working for free for the Saudis. 😂

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Romano was wrong on this occasion. Edwards was right on this occasion. Just accept it or you all just end up looking like Edwards defending Bruce 🙂

He’s probably wrong about us not spending anymore money this window however I remember many many many months ago Staveley told Wraith the plan was £100m player investment per first 3 windows if I recall so I guess that’s not far off as it stands 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

So he's just guessing then.

I'll wait and see tbh, but if Romano's wrong and it doesn't happen, it's no big deal like, especially if it means we got Isak. It'll obviously take his reliability down a notch.

As for Edwards, even if he's right on Pedro, us going for Isak has just made him wrong about the budget so he remains where he was in the reliability stakes, very low.

Edited by Kid Icarus

6 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Until yesterday did you honestly think we'd throw £60m on a player? Course not. As expectations have been played right down, thanks to sources like him. Then bang. We got a big target without much fuss and competition. 

This was always the clubs plan. The info he has been getting, he has shown 100% commitment to, and he's like that as it's somewhere from the club. Just no one is doing him any favours.

I had no idea we would but at the same time it hasn't come as a great surprise. More to the point, in the game, the real position would have been quite well known. Unless a CEO of a major club will believe the likes of Edwards.......... nah I don't think so either.

22 minutes ago, 54 said:

Can see the salty-ness coming from the traditional media about how much traction people like Romano get, whereas they get fuck all :lol:

:lol: would love it if he still signed to show these wankers up

36 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Iirc, Edwards was continually knocking back the Saudis and stating they’d left the equation, whilst he put forward his ‘exclusive’ inside story about Henry Mauriss getting the club for weeks.

A "genuine bid" from a dude it took me less than an hour or so to figure out had been sanctioned by the State of Texas for fraudulent sale of securities and whose California home was subject of an asset forfeiture proceeding.

11 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Seems like the deal was happening but goal posts have moved.

Not romanos fault.

Aye, reckon we were obviously ready to go, but Wilson's injury (plus potentially added enthusiasm from the owners post City) has meant we've splashed on Isak instead.

9 minutes ago, TRon said:

So he's just guessing then.

He’ll be going off the information he’s sourced. His info may be right. His info may be wrong. His info may be right today then things change and he’s made to look wrong tomorrow.

If you all just accept that’s how the transfer window along with journalism works you’d of save at least 30-50 pages in this thread 🙂

Specifically on Pedro you could argue what does deal done mean?

To me and many others it should mean he’s on his way up the A1 to choose his squad number for the photos and the medical. To others it may mean a financial agreement is agreed on leaving scope for last minute change of heart.

Its my personal believe that Watford have never truly been happy with £25+5m structure and want £30m so at any opportunity to seek that elsewhere or advertise the fact they have which they are in their right to do so but won’t win them any favours from us going forward if they had resigned themselves to the terms of our offer and verbalised so. That’s maybe where Romano should’ve reworded his info. Showing a picture of Pedro in a NUFC top with his catchphrase suggested otherwise and misled people.

The deal may get resurrected and may even be a better deal for NUFC finally but regardless if that ends up the case let’s not pretend Romano wasn’t misplaced with his announcement all along.

10 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

A "genuine bid" from a dude it took me less than an hour or so to figure out had been sanctioned by the State of Texas for fraudulent sale of securities and whose California home was subject of an asset forfeiture proceeding.

Yep.  It also took me 5 mins online to prove that the BZG ‘takeover’ wasn’t by a member of the Abu Dhabi royal family. Edwards and his pals kept banging that drum for months.

Edwards is an interesting man.  He still goes on like a tabloid journalist - desperately trying to get ‘scoop’ on transfer news, instead of remembering he’s a broadsheet football writer.  So he should do what Telegraph writer normally do - write longwinded opinion pieces bemoaning the lack of morality in football, in particularly when compared to rugby or cricket. 

30 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Romano was wrong on this occasion. Edwards was right on this occasion. Just accept it or you all just end up looking like Edwards defending Bruce 🙂

He’s probably wrong about us not spending anymore money this window however and it may even end up being on Pedro but I remember many many many months ago Staveley told Wraith the plan was £100m player investment per first 3 windows if I recall so I guess that’s not far off as it stands 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

To be fair, the tweet says ‘until deadline day’ which is very different from saying no more signings

Guest HTT II
6 minutes ago, LFEE said:

He’ll be going off the information he’s sourced. His info may be right. His info may be wrong. His info may be right today then things change and he’s made to look wrong tomorrow.

If you all just accept that’s how the transfer window along with journalism works you’d of save at least 30-50 pages in this thread 🙂

Specifically on Pedro you could argue what does deal done mean?

To me and many others it should mean he’s on his way up the A1 to choose his squad number for the photos and the medical. To others it may mean a financial agreement is agreed on leaving scope for last minute change of heart.

Its my personal believe that Watford have never truly been happy with £25+5m structure and want £30m so at any opportunity to seek that elsewhere or advertise the fact they have which they are in their right to do so but won’t win them any favours from us going forward if they had resigned themselves to the terms of our offer and verbalised so. That’s maybe where Romano should’ve reworded his info. Showing a picture of Pedro in a NUFC top with his catchphrase suggested otherwise and misled people.

The deal may get resurrected and may even be a better deal for NUFC finally but regardless if that ends up the case let’s not pretend Romano wasn’t misplaced with his announcement all along.

I said it before like but people really need to understand what 'here we go' is.

It's Romano's fault like, but it's not an indicator of a done deal (for that you're pretty much hoping for Ornstein, and then the official tweets), it seems to be some thing/things before that (probably a verbal agreement or similar) which indicates that things are pretty much done, however the deal can still fall though as nothing has been signed.

Instead of utilising people like Romano to supply us all with better and more accurate journalism you get absolute whoppas like Edwards turning the whole thing into a circus.

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

We know how transfer windows and journalism works LFEE, howeh. :lol: 

I wonder about some of you 🙂

Journalists can be used as pawns in game of chess, some knowingly for access to players etc at a later date some unknowingly. And I think too many people take things as permanent fact. Like I keep saying things change by the minute in the transfer window which make many people looking stupid.

Just enjoy the ride and start the debate when the window slams shut 🙂

I still think we’ll spend £30-£70m on Pedro or/and Paqueta plus a loan for Pulisic if we get a good result against Wolves so sod what Edwards thinks today 🤣

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

I wouldn't be too fussed with Isak on bored. The problem is that Edwards has shown over and over again that he knows fuck all.

I can't believe the people who have time for him. He knows fuck all, and one thing for certain is that he will be getting fuck all information from the top brass at the club. He had been spouting off/arguments with fans most of the summer about the limited budget (so have other north east reporters mind) and been blown out of the window the last 24 hours with that shite. The appointment of Eales and the signing of Isaak, he (and the others) had fuck all info when the news broke (major news also). His last tweet he even gives himself a get out with the word 'likely'. Baldy Cunt can go and fuck himself.

Edited by et tu brute