Alexander Isak

Disco

13 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

I've never got that attitude.

Its less money our club can spend in the future and its not Shearer/Haaland where its just a nailed on success.

No different to champ manager. Its not my money on there but you've still got to be sensible with it.

No different to signing Owen or whoever. Looks good but made a lot of us uncomfortable.

Its our clubs money. That's always bothered me personally.

When the supporters money was like 70% of the income of the club then totally agree with you but now the game is totally different.  

The clubs income stream is going to grow exceptionally in the next few years and so people quibbling whether its value for money, is good for forums and debate but in the grand scheme of things.......it doesn't really matter.

Can't believe all the chat about the fee.

The only reason we are even able to sign this guy is because last season they were playing that diamond formation and his scoring dipped.

Otherwise we would have had absolutely no chance with the type of clubs that were circling him after the previous season.

Once he comes in and starts playing, there'll be no questioning the fee whatsoever.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Can't believe all the chat about the fee.

The only reason we are even able to sign this guy is because last season they were playing that diamond formation and his scoring dipped.

Otherwise we would have had absolutely no chance with the type of clubs that were circling him after the previous season.

Once he comes in and starts playing, there'll be no questioning the fee whatsoever.

KaKa just sit back and enjoy the ride fella. 

Just now, Awaymag said:

any quibbles just look at the side with Tranmere tonight - Wilson out, Wood playing and then we have.......................................diddly squat!

Even if we had Isak, Wood would be starting. It's the league Cup against Tranmere.

‘The 2020/21 campaign saw Isak become the first player aged 21 or under to score 17 La Liga goals in one season since Sergio Aguero for Atletico Madrid in 2008-09’.

Not bad for potential, worth every fucking penny this lad absolute huge signing.

4 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

yeah but without Isak, that could be how we line up for next months premier league games

Well, in the striker department. The rest of the squad isn't anywhere nearly as weak but I take your point.

The club has been very exacting about trying to get value but I think they see the need for depth up front was pretty urgent. They could either wait for a unicorn deal where you got an exceptional player at a steal or bite the bullet and get a forward. 

Isak is still very young and has performed in two major Europe leagues, including one exceptional season. The entry level for that sort of player is about what we’ve paid. 

The big 6 and their continental equivalent have driven the inflation of this market to insane levels unfortunately.

We’re likely going to pay £30m for an unproven 20 year old without the track record of Isak. Ramos similarly was about €35m for a player unproven outside of Portugal.

Its hard to judge the value of these deals without being able to see into the future. Our scouting has been pretty good for these marquee players - I’m confident we’ve looked at the players in that price bracket and decided he was the best fit. 

If we were targeting aging players that cost a fortune on high wages without the commercial income to back it up then I could see being worried because eventually we'd be fucked between FFP and the PL regulations. But, by all accounts, we are being extremely diligent, signing players that are young and frankly turning heads with some of them (Bruno, Isak), plus improving players who are already here. 

If there were ever a time to just trust the seemingly very capable people in charge of the club and assume they've got the accounting part handled then now is that time. Enjoy the ride because I'm pretty sure we're still in the early stages of a golden era of NUFC.

35 minutes ago, mikejaxer said:

Any word on how their fans are reacting to this? I don't speak any Spanish.

They seem really happy that they'll be able to sign a better goal scorer for a fraction of the cost. Fee was way too good to turn down etc.

Think it's one of them that's a good deal for everyone involved. We've probably overpaid slightly on the fee on the back of a season he's scored 4 goals in open play but he has a lot of potential to justify that further down the line. He could turn into a monster under Howe. Botman, Bruno and Isak is a great young spine to build the side around in the coming years. 

How anyone can think we are overpaying for Isak is absolutely mind boggling.  He’s absolutely worth what we are paying for him in this market.

I trust the people in charge more than ever with their valuations of players. 

14 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

If we were targeting aging players that cost a fortune on high wages without the commercial income to back it up then I could see being worried because eventually we'd be fucked between FFP and the PL regulations. But, by all accounts, we are being extremely diligent, signing players that are young and frankly turning heads with some of them (Bruno, Isak), plus improving players who are already here. 

If there were ever a time to just trust the seemingly very capable people in charge of the club and assume they've got the accounting part handled then now is that time. Enjoy the ride because I'm pretty sure we're still in the early stages of a golden era of NUFC.

Yep.  Also, the lad appears to be signing on (for PL standards) reasonable wages - also, the length of the contract is almost as important as the size of the fee.  If Isak signs with a lengthy deal (say 5-6 years) then the FFP impact is reduced considerably 

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Yep.  Also, the lad appears to be signing on (for PL standards) reasonable wages - also, the length of the contract is almost as important as the size of the fee.  If Isak signs with a lengthy deal (say 5-6 years) then the FFP impact is reduced considerably 

Wages been mentioned ?

3 minutes ago, LV said:

How anyone can think we are overpaying for Isak is absolutely mind boggling.  He’s absolutely worth what we are paying for him in this market.

I trust the people in charge more than ever with their valuations of players. 

It's a massive coop arsenal were sniffing round him this is a statement signing for us. Give city a good run for their money then get one of the hottest prospects in Europe.