Alexander Isak

Disco

10 hours ago, Mike said:

Damn he's way more injured than I thought.

That’s what I was thinking but just had a look at his stats and he played 37, 34, and 32 games in his last three seasons so I’m a little more reassured that he can be relied upon. 

Take it easy. 

He will be back stronger. 

He will get top care now and not pushed into training. This we will benefit from in the Long. Better to use the time now and getting it right. 

Look at Håland at Dortmund vs City. 

Do it right the first time. 

56 minutes ago, BigValley said:

Take it easy. 

He will be back stronger. 

He will get top care now and not pushed into training. This we will benefit from in the Long. Better to use the time now and getting it right. 

Look at Håland at Dortmund vs City. 

Do it right the first time. 

Yes while it’s frustrating he’s been out for so long they’ll be handling it exactly right. If he needs more time to ease back into full training then fine. Some of the over reaction I’ve seen on social media is ridiculous. 

3 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Yes while it’s frustrating he’s been out for so long they’ll be handling it exactly right. If he needs more time to ease back into full training then fine. Some of the over reaction I’ve seen on social media is ridiculous. 

Honestly, it's why i spend most of my time on here nufc wise, as the patter on Twitter is absolutely woeful. 

The reactions under the initial tweet were grim.

8 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Exactly this. What's the point in rushing him back, it's already been reaggravated once. Give him the time he needs to make sure he is 100%. For the record I still think he will likely play some part (from the bench maybe) at Leicester, and be back properly as we get into Jan. Personally can't wait. He looked the absolute business vs Liverpool. And was clear he the rest of the lads were still getting used to each other in the Palace and Bournemouth home games. He had some lovely link up touches that people weren't quite on the same wavelength for. 

2 things, I’d say Isak has been working on strengthening big time and also from an injury point of view, they may have discovered something else which led to the initial injury. They are giving nothing away when if he was just injured again they’d say, but that amount of time off he won’t be anywhere near the level of cardio fitness to fit into the press game we play.

6 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

2 things, I’d say Isak has been working on strengthening big time and also from an injury point of view, they may have discovered something else which led to the initial injury. They are giving nothing away when if he was just injured again they’d say, but that amount of time off he won’t be anywhere near the level of cardio fitness to fit into the press game we play.

Two clear points raised above. One his fitness in being able to play at our tempo given the amount of time out. If he’s not up to scratch more likely picking up another injury and being less effective. I also work as a physio and I’m sure much of the strength training they’re doing is to isolate why this happened and also weaknesses in other areas which may have contributed or could be an issue once he’s back. The timing needs to be just right. 

We’re light years ahead of the pub set up with Bruce so he’s in good hands. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

There's absolutely no need to rush him back, so if he needs an extra couple of weeks to make sure he's 100%, so be it.

That'll turn into months and the season will be lost. Don't worry, he'll be back fighting fit next season, like a new signing etc...until he can't make pre-season and so on.

There's always been a rabbit off here, said it from the start. I think we signed him with an injury we didn't pick up or even worse, we knew and were desperate and it's become more troublesome than we hoped.

3 minutes ago, Dokko said:

That'll turn into months and the season will be lost. Don't worry, he'll be back fighting fit next season, like a new signing etc...until he can't make pre-season and so on.

There's always been a rabbit off here, said it from the start. I think we signed him with an injury we didn't pick up or even worse, we knew and were desperate and it's become more troublesome than we hoped.

Worrying

4 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Couldn't disagree more. I’d agree with you if Bruce and the old set up was in place. Nobody knows exactly what’s going but he’s in far better hands now. Let’s just let them get in with helping him recover rather than completely writing the lad off for the season. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

5 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Thigh injuries are an absolute bastard to get shot of mind. It sounds like it's just reoccurred and they're making 100% sure it's healed this time. I'm sure we'll see him again shortly. 

Didn't he allegedly sign with a hamstring injury?

1 minute ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Couldn't disagree more. I’d agree with you if Bruce and the old set up was in place. Nobody knows exactly what’s going but he’s in far better hands now. Let’s just let them get in with helping him recover rather than completely writing the lad off for the season. 

Well we've got no option but to sit tight and see how it plays out. I think writing off the season (half already gone) isn't the worst idea (I have) as I'm more concerned for beyond that, especially Eddie's style of play.  

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Thigh injuries are an absolute bastard to get shot of mind. It sounds like it's just reoccurred and they're making 100% sure it's healed this time. I'm sure we'll see him again shortly. 

Didn't he allegedly sign with a hamstring injury?

Let's hope so, and my hunch is wrong. I'd be happy to see him in 10 games this season, including what he's had already.

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

Well we've got no option but to sit tight and see how it plays out. I think writing off the season (half already gone) isn't the worst idea (I have) as I'm more concerned for beyond that, especially Eddie's style of play.  

If his return date remains uncertain (only they will know this and won’t give much away) and if Wilson is also carrying a niggle post World Cup then January recruitment might be altered. They might bring either a striker in or someone who can play both, Thuram off the top of my head. All speculation obviously 

Just now, ExiledGeordie said:

If his return date remains uncertain (only they will know this and won’t give much away) and if Wilson is also carrying a niggle post World Cup then January recruitment might be altered. They might bring either a striker in or someone who can play both, Thuram off the top of my head. All speculation obviously 

Just seen that odd Howe comment on wilson. I think you might be right. Thuram or J Pedro again.

43 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Based on absolutely zero evidence 

39 minutes ago, Dokko said:

You said what from the start, when we signed him you said he’s crocked? Or when he got injured you said this’ll be the end of his career? If you’re going to fabricate complete bollocks why be so negative? I reckon he’ll grow a third leg and go on to win more Ballon d’ors than Messi.