Alexander Isak

Disco

1 minute ago, POOT 2.0 said:

There's more people going on about others saying we're over-paying than there is people saying we're over-paying :lol: It's all I've read page after page. 

Probably because it’s so ludicrous that others are moved to comment 

Edited by LV

6 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

There's more people going on about others saying we're over-paying than there is people saying we're over-paying :lol: It's all I've read page after page. 

it's always the same (especially on Twitter!) 

People whinging about people whinging about x,  y and z outweighs the number of people whinging about x, y and z. 

3 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Us paying £60 million for a striker good 😁

:lol:

I have come to the conclusion he's mint but I feel a bit 'Football Manager' in that thought as he must be mint if we're paying £60m big ones.

33 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

We'll let the board worry if they're overpaying. He's a quality player and we've been starved of attacking quality for years.

Well who's to say we're overpaying as 30m seems to be the 10m of 96-2000. We need to get away from this ingrained Ashley cheapness where we think 35-40m is a big transfer now

49 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

It's a massive coop arsenal were sniffing round him this is a statement signing for us. Give city a good run for their money then get one of the hottest prospects in Europe. 

Why are we keeping him in a massive coop?

So much has been made of our "budget" this window that I think it has made some people nervous that we won't get what we need. If we overspend on 1 player to the extent that we don't get other needed positions in, then I get the concern.

Personally though, I've never believed there was a set limit and they'll spend on the right players if available. Cash won't be an issue and FFP not for a couple of years, at which stage revenue via sponsorship and hopefully competitions (Europe :frantic:) will keep us going.

He's in that tier below the true elite but clearly he has some pretty unique attributes that justify a price tag in that £40-60m range. 

When you look at what that sort of money buys you these days, we haven't had our pants pulled down here. 

He's also a statement signing. We could have gone a tier down in terms of price and quality but following Trippier, Bruno and Botman we have another signing that will make people (including current/future targets) sit up and take notice. It gives us credibility that our league position currently doesn't.

One of the best signings we could get done this summer out of the players we can realistically attract at this point. Unreal.

In theory this guys potential has no limit.

Edited by Nine