Alexander Isak

Disco

1 minute ago, Mazzy said:

They clearly knew about Wilson being missing for 4 weeks when they went into this deal for Isak! Makes way more sense now why it's been done so quickly.

I don’t think a deal like this is done in 48 hours…..My guess is it’s been planned and researched for a while and negotiations were set up last week….injury to Wilson just a coincidence.

1 minute ago, Jinky Jim said:

I don’t think a deal like this is done in 48 hours…..My guess is it’s been planned and researched for a while and negotiations were set up last week….injury to Wilson just a coincidence.

Aye, doubt we're the sort to just splash £60m reactively. 

7 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

They clearly knew about Wilson being missing for 4 weeks when they went into this deal for Isak! Makes way more sense now why it's been done so quickly.

Your kidding right? We would have been in discussions for weeks, especially if it’s true that personal terms have already been agreed! Wilson was injured on Sunday there is no way we just picked the phone up on Monday and offered almost £20m under his release clause and they accepted right off the bat

What is interesting IMO is that these negotiations have probably been going on for a while, at the same time we’ve been negotiating a deal with Watford as well. Either we are still interested in both or the Watford deal was a second option if the Isak deal failed.

Similar to Bruno in the sense that this was probably a next season move in the minds of the owners/Howe, but they have had the plan changed by Wilson's injury. It was a bit risky to go into the season with Wilson as the main man, but perhaps the owners wanted to be sure there was nothing left in the Chris Wood investment. They can have no doubts that we need to get much better there now, and I suspect they pushed the plans forward quickly as a result. 

8 minutes ago, Jinky Jim said:

What is interesting IMO is that these negotiations have probably been going on for a while, at the same time we’ve been negotiating a deal with Watford as well. Either we are still interested in both or the Watford deal was a second option if the Isak deal failed.

Maybe Yasir did leave his credit card behind and now were gonna sign...

everyone-angry.gif

;D:indi:

2 hours ago, McCormick said:

Like myself, they think he’s overhyped after a very good 20/21 season and a great Euro performance. Not a prolific goal scorer but I do really like him. Sociedad’s play-style didn’t help but he was largely underwhelming last season. I’ve no doubt Howe can get the best out of him as he does have the attributes to potentially be a very special player.

I’ve said it earlier I’m very impressed that we’ve managed to convince a player with his reputation to sign for us and we’re showing that, if we really want a player, we’ll pay over the odds to get him in. That, in and of itself, is very encouraging.

But we haven’t paid over the odds by any metric. The market tells you that. 

2 hours ago, McCormick said:

I’ve said it earlier I’m very impressed that we’ve managed to convince a player with his reputation to sign for us and we’re showing that, if we really want a player, we’ll pay over the odds to get him in. That, in and of itself, is very encouraging.

We have not paid over the odds.

Time has moved on, our club has moved on, we need the worlds top ranked players now and that is how much they cost.