Alexander Isak

Disco

1 minute ago, Shak said:

If he looks this good leading the line the next few weeks I'd be very hesitant to shift him out wide to bring Wilson in.

Really, really hope we sign a top class RW tomorrow.

That's what you think till you see him play from there. Did you see what he did from wide left for that second goal?

He won't be hugging the touchline. He will drift into areas to impact the game. He's a top player man. Even his little movement to slip into that right channel for his goal was so good. Chris Wood would have been somewhere on the other side outside the box.

Having said all that though let Wilson sweat a little bit though, sure. He can come off the bench for a bit so we don't have to put up with Chris Wood.

16 minutes ago, Shak said:

If he looks this good leading the line the next few weeks I'd be very hesitant to shift him out wide to bring Wilson in.

Really, really hope we sign a top class RW tomorrow.

Will also give Wilson time to get fit and keep him fresh. Two top class finishers all of a sudden and not dependent on a great but injury prone player alone. 

Just now, AlanSkÃrare said:

Good to see him showcase what he can do right away. With space to attack he'll be different level. His awareness and movement really showed. He'll be perfect for the way we're playing.

Isak and Howe are just a match made in heaven like. Will be very interesting to see what Howe does when Wilson is fit again, cause I see them two working so well together. 

47 minutes ago, KaKa said:

That's what you think till you see him play from there. Did you see what he did from wide left for that second goal?

He won't be hugging the touchline. He will drift into areas to impact the game. He's a top player man. Even his little movement to slip into that right channel for his goal was so good. Chris Wood would have been somewhere on the other side outside the box.

Having said all that though let Wilson sweat a little bit though, sure. He can come off the bench for a bit so we don't have to put up with Chris Wood.

Yeah but the disallowed goal comes from him being a CF working the channels off the shoulder of the last man rather than being out wide, doesn't it?

I guess it depends on how tomorrow goes. I suspect Isak wide and Wilson up top would be better than Isak up top and Almiron out wide so we could see it and I'm sure they'd be fun to watch.

I don't doubt that he could be effective playing off Wilson, but he just looked every bit to me like an absolute top class CF in the making and I'd prioritize nurturing that that over getting Wilson into the team I guess.

Not saying the VAR are 100% accurate but it wasn’t given initially and wasn’t clear and obviously wrong, so it shouldn’t be overturned. I think people forget that when they see images like that and the initial reaction is to slate VAR. No VAR and it’s still not a goal. If you want that overturned, then so should all those marginal offside calls the other way be overturned. 

Saying that, he’s sick. 

Edited by St. Maximin

Clear and obvious doesn't apply to offsides. I'm not going to complain about offside decisions, just hope the technology improves. Today was another example that the job is way beyond human ability without replays, linesman wasn't even close to the line and 100% guessed it.

20 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Anyone mentioned yet that Xisco scored on his debut?

Seriously though, looks a real player. 

Bloody hell. Had to check that, I could only remember his goal V the mackems. Then when I found out what game it was........ can't remember many more toxic atmospheres.