Alexander Isak

Disco

Also. ASM running towards the fullback. Double or triple up on him and Isak has a free airfield. Also Isaks pacey runs in behind when we are in transition and Maxi has the ball and cuts inside dragging two of the opposition’s defenders to him before feeding Isak. 

3 minutes ago, Ikon said:

There’s so much obvious about him at first sight. His understanding and movement when it comes to football is something that can be missed, and I can’t praise it enough. Already when he came through and started playing senior football it was insane how advanced and mature he was when it came to movement and his understanding of the game. I can only imagine Bruno’s through balls with him up front. I’m sure they will have an amazing understanding as well as the ability to execute it beautifully. Match made in heaven. Not just when there is space like for his second last night, but also those short through balls Bruno plays into the penalty area. Isaks acceleration and movement combined with his ability to turn a player or three in a tight space. Horny.

The thing I really appreciated about his awareness yesterday, was how even when we were under pressure and looking for an outlet pass he'd always be in the right vicinity for the team to try and play him ball down the channel, and he'd chase and put pressure on the defenders even when the ball didn't make him favourite to get there. The guy is very switched on.

As soon as Wood came on all that disappeared. He'd just be stood in the middle of the pitch in the same spot like a statue. Just no idea of how to help the team in those moments.

Isak even looked more convincing battling for the longer kicks from Pope than Wood did. Made the defenders far more uncomfortable, as he was more physical and tenacious.

It’s a world of difference having someone elite to admire in the team instead of someone who puts in the effort and has some decent quality. No disrespect to the likes of Wilson, Shelvey etc who were all good for our previous level, Seeing the likes of Bruno and Isak come in has really upped the standards considerably to the point of raising everyone else’s game too, like Woodgate did with Bramble 

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Looks a little weak, didn't even bother contesting a few headers. Probably just nerves but gassed very early. 

Considering the tempo of the game, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here.

Very good cameo against top opposition with very little integration time.

5 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Considering the tempo of the game, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here.

Very good cameo against top opposition with very little integration time.

Aye. The PL is an intense league and when we are playing, it's an intense approach we take.

Has a classic Horn of Africa physique. Makes me doubt whether it's a good idea to put much mass on him, maybe a little.

Looked classy and we need class.

Edited by The College Dropout

Certainly worth every penny on that showing. Very nearly 2 fantastic goals against a defence that contains 4 of the 5 players that people argue are the best in their position in the Premier League. Not bad at all.

1 hour ago, Ikon said:

Also. ASM running towards the fullback. Double or triple up on him and Isak has a free airfield. Also Isaks pacey runs in behind when we are in transition and Maxi has the ball and cuts inside dragging two of the opposition’s defenders to him before feeding Isak. 

This guy just gives us so many more options and gives a clearer indication of the attacking direction Howe is taking us. Just imagine when we have a right winger with the same quality 🤩

4 hours ago, ohmelads said:

It should never have been flagged offside in the first place. Linesmen are instructed not to flag when it's tight in case a goal is scored.

VAR manually drawing lines to try to back their linesman just makes a bad situation worse. Both are guessing, which is clear from the VAR images.

Maybe not, but then that’s the linesman at fault and not really something VAR should be blamed for. VAR’s lines may not be accurate to the millimetre, but it’s marginal either way and can’t clearly show the linesman was wrong. 

What a debut. The best thing about him is that he should be extremely effective playing a number of ways. Palace will be a different match for him with more of the space locked down but I think he has the technique on the ball to keep possession moving in the final third as well as the ability to create his own room. Really looking forward to seeing him play in person.

Really impressed with his performance last night. Ran out of steam in the second half but the first half was real class.

When maxi and calum are both fit again we are going to have some front line.

Just wonder how eddie is going to facilitate the three of them as you couldn´t really bench any of them (allright he´s only had one game, but fukc me it was good!)

1 minute ago, buzza said:

Really impressed with his performance last night. Ran out of steam in the second half but the first half was real class.

When maxi and calum are both fit again we are going to have some front line.

Just wonder how eddie is going to facilitate the three of them as you couldn´t really bench any of them (allright he´s only had one game, but fukc me it was good!)

If KK could make a front three, and a good one, out of Martins, Owen, and Viduka, and Pardle could do the same with Ba, Cisse, and Ben Arfa, then I'm sure Howe can do the same with the current trio. If they're ever all fit together, of course.