Alexander Isak

Disco

Not having to rush players back is one of the best things about how we are as a club now. Would love to see him playing ASAP, but love going into games still feeling confident of a result when he needs extra time

17 hours ago, Alberto2005 said:

Howe hinted he wouldn't be ready next week either, so I imagine bench against Spurs at best.

It isn't ideal considering Wilson won't be able to play three games in a week, would imagine Wood will start against Everton.

yao-off-a-cliff.gif

Just now, Yorkie said:

Got to be questioning the recovery strategies at this point. This is maddening. You know Wilson be out again before long too.

It could be bad luck, but I am starting to get worried about the way Howe conditions the team and if the intensity level he demands in games is just exacerbating things.

Just now, David Edgar said:

It could be bad luck, but I am starting to get worried about the way Howe conditions the team and if the intensity level he demands in games is just exacerbating things.

Muscular injuries aren’t bad luck. 

4 minutes ago, Ash said:

Muscular injuries aren’t bad luck. 

I'm fairly confident saying that whilst modern sports science will be bloody brilliant at monitoring and treating muscles, it isn't gonna be absolutely 1/1 perfect.  And in any field, you can get a run of bad luck out of the blue without any causation from what you're doing.

I don't know how long you go before saying, "yeah, this is Howe and his team's fault" but I think we're probably way too early for that.

Edited by David Edgar

Just now, Scotty66 said:

Happened on International duty didn't it? 

Not much we can blame Howe for unless they're making them train too soon but I have to doubt that knowing how meticulous Howe is. Just bad bad luck unfortunately. 

I think you could say that whilst it happened on international duty, the conditioning Howe and his team does has led to the injury.  I'm stressing COULD.  We just don't know.

I think there’s probably something in it to do with the intensity of the training and gametime, it’s quite clear that it’s the key message. You’d think if it continues much longer they’re going to need to change it. Extremely frustrating but all clubs having similar with a packed schedule I suppose.