Alexander Isak

Disco

9 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

I'm fairly confident saying that whilst modern sports science will be bloody brilliant at monitoring and treating muscles, it isn't gonna be absolutely 1/1 perfect.  And in any field, you can get a run of bad luck out of the blue without any causation from what you're doing.

I don't know how long you go before saying, "yeah, this is Howe and his team's fault" but I think we're probably way too early for that.

It isn’t perfect, no. However, there is plenty of preventive stuff out there and ways to manage training loads, etc. The main issue at the minute is players suffering setbacks so there’s clearly something amiss in terms of what we’re doing in recovery which is nothing to do with luck. 

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

Just a knock, nothing to worry about.

He’ll have missed at least 6 games with this ‘knock’ alone, that’s roughly 16% of the season. When are we allowed to worry?  People also say Wilson is injury prone so it doesn’t count but hes played under Howe for a huge chunk of his career so surely we can still question his methods?

3 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

He’ll have missed at least 6 games with this ‘knock’ alone, that’s roughly 16% of the season. When are we allowed to worry?  People also say Wilson is injury prone so it doesn’t count but hes played under Howe for a huge chunk of his career so surely we can still question his methods?

We're not allowed, well not on here anyway. See ASM 'just a knock' is now several games as well. 

1 minute ago, LV said:

Here they are..

So we sign a player who plays for 3 games then he’s out for at least 6. He’s the 5th person this season with injuries - we say that’s questionable and get a ‘here they are’ response to say we’re idiots or something.

When there’s this many you’d do well to try and learn from mistakes is all I’m saying.  A lot of our players always seem to have injury issues and I really don’t want to see isak going the same way.

Try to be proactive instead of reactive